All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kiteboardingasia (KBA) sells defect kites, don't ever bu
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 am 
Frequent Poster

Mr_Weetabix wrote:
I'm confused. Are you saying that you didn't sell him a defective kite? Do you think that he cut out the serial number himself?
I think they call blackmailers all customers, which want replacement for flawed kites.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am 
Rare Poster

Let's get things straight here.

There's no such thing as B or C grade kites among professional kite manufacturers such as North or Cabrinha. If a kite doesn't cut it in terms of construction it's destroyed. I'm sure North can verify this as well. If they can't then they are openly admitting that they have no control over the production of their kites and I would recommend everyone to look for another brand.

It is stated that you bought this kite in May 2011. If this is true then the kite in question is not eligible for warranty as North only offers a 6 month warranty. Again, maybe you should look for a different brand. Cabrinha, for example, offers a 1 year warranty. This might tell you something about the quality of the North kites.

Is it KBA's fault that the kite produced by North was unsatisfactory and changed it's shape after only one year? The kite is not under warranty so why should anyone give you a new kite? :jump:

:rollgrin:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 am 
Frequent Poster

Koltek, I see your point — producer (North) and end customer (me) are guilty. Seller (KBA) isn't. ok!

This topic is about facts, that KBA is scamming and lying to its customers. My experience and North response are proving that. Do you have something to prove/disprove that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Not super super impressed with KBA post & as a minimum I would expecting KBA to provide a comment on North conclusions/position:
"Just to reiterate: KBA, in Thailand, is NOT an official North dealer. North does not sell them gear, and any North gear that they have is unauthorized, almost certainly flawed, and will not be approved for warranty repair or replacement. They have somehow found a way to get B and C grade factory rejects or knock-offs from a different factory"

Probably North didn´t have a legal responsability to replace that kite but they did man up and took the right step.

Also wondering what would be Flysurfer business position, especially as they see themselves as a premium brand, with KBA after they know about North conclusions. I know what I would do...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am 
Frequent Poster

Koltek wrote:
There's no such thing as B or C grade kites among professional kite manufacturers such as North or Cabrinha. If a kite doesn't cut it in terms of construction it's destroyed. I'm sure North can verify this as well. If they can't then they are openly admitting that they have no control over the production of their kites and I would recommend everyone to look for another brand.

Kites are expensive things, especially compared to the earnings of the factory workers who put them together. There's always going to be a temptation to steal from the reject bin. This problem faces any business that relies on cheap overseas labour. Also, there's also a risk that rejected kites will find their way into "legitimate" shipments, either due to human error or because the factory management doesn't want to eat the cost (in material and manpower) of an unsaleable product. If a few defective kites slip through the QC net, it's not an indication that North have "no control over the production of their kites"... merely that they employ people, and people often make mistakes or behave dishonestly.

Dan's advice is spot-on, and applies to consumers and dealers alike:
Dan-at-North wrote:
I understand that you want to save money, but realize that if your cheaper kite does not come with a serial number and a receipt from an authorized dealer, it is not only un-warranteeable, but it is also most probably a factory second with some sort of flaw that will leave you with a costly or even, as in this case, impossible repair.

I don't doubt that this was "how the kite came from the factory"... the question is, did it come out of the front door or the back door?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 pm 
Frequent Poster

Story with B-grade kites continues here. Guy with Rebel 2012 from KBA (2 month old only!) is struggling.

Raam, this is also not warranty case for your company? Another blackmailer?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm 
Rare Poster

Mr_Weetabix wrote:
Koltek wrote:

Kites are expensive things, especially compared to the earnings of the factory workers who put them together. There's always going to be a temptation to steal from the reject bin. This problem faces any business that relies on cheap overseas labour. Also, there's also a risk that rejected kites will find their way into "legitimate" shipments, either due to human error or because the factory management doesn't want to eat the cost (in material and manpower) of an unsaleable product. If a few defective kites slip through the QC net, it's not an indication that North have "no control over the production of their kites"... merely that they employ people, and people often make mistakes or behave dishonestly.

Dan's advice is spot-on, and applies to consumers and dealers alike:
Dan-at-North wrote:
I understand that you want to save money, but realize that if your cheaper kite does not come with a serial number and a receipt from an authorized dealer, it is not only un-warranteeable, but it is also most probably a factory second with some sort of flaw that will leave you with a costly or even, as in this case, impossible repair.

I don't doubt that this was "how the kite came from the factory"... the question is, did it come out of the front door or the back door?[/quote]

So North has no responsibility for the disposal of the defective kites they make?

Just oh well not our fault a defective kite has hit the market we did all we could to tell you to look for a serial number and a only buy from authorized dealers!

I never knew there were unortherized dealers!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Can KBA please explain why they cut off serial numbers from North kites?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm 
Rare Poster

dandaka wrote:
Story with B-grade kites continues here. Guy with Rebel 2012 from KBA (2 month old only!) is struggling.

Raam, this is also not warranty case for your company? Another blackmailer?

As for the KBA I have recieved an email from raam, saying my kite only has a small problem and they willl pay to get it sewn. The kite has already been sewn because I do not have the money to buy or rent while this is being resolved. There is still a buldge in the LE underneath and the many people I asked to look at it felt it was a warranty issue. KBA said it would not after seeing the photo only posted on here and 2 more by email.

They have offered to pay for the sewing and to send me a t-shirt.

There is still no mention of the cut serial number.

I am waiting to hear back from them after explaining this is not good enough .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm 
Frequent Poster

MrT wrote:
They have offered to pay for the sewing and to send me a t-shirt.
That is ridiculous!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: Why not an ice cream?

They are selling hundreds of kites. Why not to replace bad ones? Maybe because all of them have serious problems?

This is how KBA works. It is not a matter of time from your purchase. When you buy from KBA today, you can get no warranty even tomorrow!

[ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next