Sliders and pulleys vs Rings - Safety Tip

Forum for kitesurfers
ZigZag
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sliders and pulleys vs Rings - Safety Tip

Postby ZigZag » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 am

Dimitri: You are missing a wonderful opportunity to sell more kites!

There is such a shortage of sliders, and such a demand for sliders right now, that you could piggyback kite sales on the sale of sliders.

"Be the first kiter on your block to own a slider! Buy a pair of sliders for only $1475.00, and I will throw in an Epic Infinity for free!"

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very nice idea "ZigZag". Maybe you should come and work for EPICKITES.

Once again concerning the "EPIC SLIDER METAL PULLEYS" these are a mix between Pulleys and "O" Rings. The reason they are better then Pulleys is because they wont break and won't seize. And the reason they are better then "O" rings is because they look better and are more sexy then the "O" rings. But again you don't need to get these. The Pulleys and "O" rings are very good. I still use my "O" Rings on my personal prototype kites. But I also have 2 other prototype kites with the "Epic Slider Metal Pulleys" that I have been testing for 5 months now.
We will have more of these "EPIC SLIDER METAL PULLEYS" in stock by the 28th of February. You can still order them on our ONLINE store and if we don't ship them by the end of February you will get FREE shipping. We are getting a lot of pre-orders already.[/size][/i]

Attachments
Slider Pulleys 2.jpg
Slider Pulleys 2.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 946 times

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby McAbe » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Hansen Aerosports wrote: Switch will be using sliders on all kites and already supply them on the new Element which after 6 months of daily testing has shown them to be the best part for the job.

Got to hand it to Dimitri for tying up all those slider sales with back-orders before they go on the Switch website next week (and will actually be in stock.) Nice move Dimitri! :thumb:
Cheers!
Switch and you Mr Hansen should just be grateful that you have permission to use and sell the "EPIC SLIDER METAL PULLEYS" that Mr Dimitri came up with all by himself. :wink:

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:57 pm

McAbe wrote:
Hansen Aerosports wrote: Switch will be using sliders on all kites and already supply them on the new Element which after 6 months of daily testing has shown them to be the best part for the job.

Got to hand it to Dimitri for tying up all those slider sales with back-orders before they go on the Switch website next week (and will actually be in stock.) Nice move Dimitri! :thumb:
Cheers!
Switch and you Mr Hansen should just be grateful that you have permission to use and sell the "EPIC SLIDER METAL PULLEYS" that Mr Dimitri came up with all by himself. :wink:

Whoaaa there...Just for the sake of the record, who should be credited with the invention? Certainly, Bill Hansen is not claiming that he invented that item...he has invented a lot of items, in the last 30 years, and, if he is anything, it is HONEST, FRANK AND OPEN!

I did wonder at the statement in the Epic video, where the speaker takes credit for this invention. It made me wonder: What year did Epic "come up" with this unique idea? I would still like to have this confirmed. Hasn't Cabrinha been using the "guide link" slider for a few years now?

I do like to see "credit given where credit is due"... so let's get to the bottom of this.

At this point, I quess I would have to believe that Epic invented the device... because they say they did, and I don't know why they would make the claim, if it is not true...

The only thing Bill Hansen has stated, is that it is a good idea to use such an item, and I stand in line with all the others, to thank him for bringing up the issue... in his typical gracious, patient, and informative manner.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Thank you for the credit Mr. "McAbe" but the credit should go to the owner of the factory where all my kites are made. Because he is the one that came up with this idea 8 months ago and started to develop it by making few molds so I helped him paying for the mold in order to develop his idea. Then 5 months ago I started to test them. But I know that few other kite companies will start using this pulley/O ring system real soon.
So once again thank you but I won't take the credit for this, because it was not my idea, but I did help in developing it.
:thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:33 pm

I did wonder at the statement in the Epic video, where the speaker takes credit for this invention. It made me wonder: What year did Epic "come up" with this unique idea? I would still like to have this confirmed. Hasn't Cabrinha been using the "guide link" slider for a few years now?
I do like to see "credit given where credit is due"... so let's get to the bottom of this.
At this point, I quess I would have to believe that Epic invented the device... because they say they did, and I don't know why they would make the claim, if it is not true...
The only thing Bill Hansen has stated, is that it is a good idea to use such an item, and I stand in line with all the others, to thank him for bringing up the issue... in his typical gracious, patient, and informative manner.
Hello Mr."tomatkins",
Thank you for you post. I was the one (Dimitri Maramenides) who made this video about the Pulleys and "O" rings. But I never said that I invented this system. All I said was that "we came up with the Epic Slider Metal Pulley, in order to please every one". The Credit should go to the factory where all my kites are made. The owner of the factory is always trying to come with new ideas in order to make a better product. So I always ask him what is the best quality product out there, because that is what I want to use on all my kites. And he always tells me: "It is going to be more expensive then what other kite companies are using". And this includes Canopy material / Lines / EVA / Plastic / PVC / Bladders / Valves / Pulleys, and so on. So eleven months ago I asked him if he new a system that was already in the market that will combine the "O" Ring and a Pulley. So he replied that their were few ideas out there but nothing like what I was looking for and that it would be very good to design one. So he came up with the design and I did help by paying some of the mold and also by giving some of my inputs. I also wanted to change some of the design of this Metal Pulley by twisting the axes of the pulley but that was going to be even more expensive for the mold, so we kept it flat and simple like we have now.
Once again, I would not say that I invented this Pulleys system. But it was the perfect timing to introduce it.

P.S. If you need more information concerning anything else you can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks for clarifying that:

When I first heard the statement on the video, I considered the possibility that you developed the "slider" for Cabrinha... since, the item looked exactly the same as the ones on my old Cabrinha kite from 2010. I am kind of a "history buff", so I appreciate your explaination.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the Cabrinha "guide" and the Epic "slider".
Attachments
Epic and Cabrinha Guides.png

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 pm

You are welcome Mr."tomatkins".
So maybe the factory where all the EPIC kites are made took the idea of the Cabrinha pulley system and develop its own mold since they are all made in China.
So the Credit should go to (Neil Pryde) Cabrihna. Don't you think so?

P.S. If you have any more ideas about other product we could use on the EPIC kites please let me know since you are kind of a "history buff". You might know more then me about other product I can use on my kites.

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Maybe, but Naish preceded Cabrinha with this...

I don't remember the year, but it was at least 4 years ago, that Naish put these on the top of the chicken loop for the double powerline to slide through.

I am just thankful for all the effort you guys go to in order to develop recreational gear for the rest of us to enjoy... to escape and relax our minds from the stress and pains of daily life. Rarely do any of you get the rewards that you deserve. All I can say is "Thank You".
Attachments
Naish trim line pulley.png

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hansen Design » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Wow! Not to mention they are far safer because they don't shred your lines! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Dimitri M wrote:And the reason they are better then "O" rings is because they look better and are more sexy then the "O" rings.

Return to “Kitesurfing”