Forum for kitesurfers
UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Sliders and pulleys vs Rings - Safety Tip

Postby UKSurf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm

2extremes wrote:Dimitri you need to grow up and stop acting so unprofessional.
What the hell are you doing sharing customers private e-mails or details online, you are a face to a brilliant brand but you are destroying in by posting petty comments.
:
I totally agree with this poster. You cant just give peoples name out like that. Infact in the UK it would probably be illegal to do this due to the data protection act. Best thing is to ignore people who are trying to wind you up online, especially if you are representing a brand. I am sure you put alot of work into you products so I can understand you getting pisses when someone bashes them but you cant please everyone :D

On the subject of pulleys, what can actually happen if one fails? Will it send the kite into a death spin?

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby McAbe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Mr. "McAbe" or should I call you Mr.Mattias from now on :wink:
I am not going to argue with you any more. It is a waist of my time and energy. Once again it was an honest mistake. This is why we ask all our customers and dealers to fill out the XLS order sheet and send it back to us with all their information, notes and orders, so we can proceed them the fastest way possible with out mistakes, since we are getting so many orders in. Remember it is just me and my wife running EPIC KITES. So yes I wrote this order form for you, but then when I sent this XLS order sheet to my wife, on her email I told her specifically to send you the "ROSTAN ORBIT PULLEYS" which where in my personal prototype drawer, forgetting that I wrote "O"Rings on the XLS order form. I guess things got mixed up and you got the "O"Rings instead of the Rostan Orbit Pulleys.
Once again I am sorry about that, but again I don't understand why so much negativity towards me and my company!!!!!
OK, lets not argue about this any more, I don't enjoy it, but think it has been the right thing to do.
Just one thing, never asked for any Rostan Orbit Pulleys, I wanted to get the SLIDERS.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Hello Mr. "UKsurf",
Once again I am sorry about this but it was human nature to retaliate after so many beatings.
Now concerning the lines breaking....Yes if you break the pulley or the line, the kite will start spinning. Same thing happens when you break the middle line that goes from the bar to the kite. The kite will start spinning out. I have broken few flying lines over my kiting years and one pulley. So it is scary when this happens. The best thing is when this happens immediately engage the CL safety or if you are way out in the water try to crash the kite down to the water as soon as possible and then flag it. The new EPIC Chicken Loop system will have this nice option of flagging the kite.
Also this is the reason why I always check my flying lines, Bars, CL, pulleys, bridle attachment and so one before I go kiting. I also do an inspection check on my bar and lines once a week to make sure everything is holding.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 pm

OK, lets not argue about this any more, I don't enjoy it, but think it has been the right thing to do.
Just one thing, never asked for any Rostan Orbit Pulleys, I wanted to get the SLIDERS.
What ever you say Mr. "McAbe", the customer is always right.
Enjoy your "EPIC SLIDERS", you should have them very soon. Let me know if you need further assistance?
:thumb:

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed

Postby McAbe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
What ever you say Mr. "McAbe", the customer is always right.
Enjoy your "EPIC SLIDERS", you should have them very soon. Let me know if you need further assistance?
:thumb:
What ever I say!
You don't stop do you??
Why don't we ask Mr Laughingman that you sent our email correspondence to confirm if I asked for sliders or not :o

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

McAbe wrote: What ever I say!
You don't stop do you??
Why don't we ask Mr Laughingman that you sent our email correspondence to confirm if I asked for sliders or not :o
Seriously Mcabe stop going on about it. Dmitiri is a nice guy give him a break

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi Dimitri

You really need to get control of yourself!
Dimitri M wrote:Hello Mr. Laughingman,
I just sent you a private message with all the information you wanted concerning McAbe's emails.
I did not really want to see the emails, what I was calling you on was the threat you made to McCabe of doing so... After you publicly posted your customers real name because you didn't agree with what he was saying, I was surprised you would threaten to take it further. Smart to send them to me privately but after reading through, I see now why you did not post them publicly and I would advise against it, neither party was a model citizen but you certainly do not come out looking good either...

Dimitri M wrote: I hope this will help you understand the full story of what evolved to where we are now, because it is all about the truth and I have nothing to hide. None of these emails got edited, they are all raw. By reading these emails I hope you will understand the entire story and what happened before starting bashing my name.
I do understand the story, but I have less understanding of you now,
#1 why try to talk the guy out of buying the sliders
#2 it has been clearly debated and Bill H. is correct O-rings are potentially dangerous and sliders are safe, so why stick with the story that sliders are just more sexy and that is why you made the switch?
#3 why do you seem to think you did such a great thing by sending him the sliders after your company made a mistake? This is the bare minimum I would expect, nothing to be proud of here, you made a mistake, you fixed it end of story...

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Pete, I have a few questions for you.
Do you fly Epic kites?
I do not own Epic kites, I have tested them all though except the 2G infinity and the Racer. I think the Screamer is my best choice if I wanted an Epic kite but
#1 they are now over priced
#2 I do not trust the release mechanism they are currently providing
#3 I now have concerns about the rest of the safety systems due to the O-Ring debate.
.. What brand of kites do you fly?
I fly Flexifoil kites Ion3s to be specific
Why are you so darn interested?
I am interested because I am on a forum and there is a poster who is abusing the forum for his own advancement and I basically do not agree that these kites are all that and a bag of chips. Which makes Dimitri seem to me like he is full of bs.
Why would you want us to "all see".....?
I don't really understand this questions as asked but I think you mean to ask "what" would you want us to "all see"? If so, than my response would be whatever you want to see or maybe a balanced and honest representation of pros and cons of the brand.
You really sound like a junior high school girl, for Christ's sake.

Oldnbroken, the Dman just posted a customers real name on a public forum without that customers consent, and then he proceeded to threaten to post the private emails he had with that same customer, he then sent them to me when I dared him to follow through with his threat! I have no business reading Mr. Mcabe's business! So really "I" sound like a junior high school girl? Christ has nothing to do with this and I assure you I am old enough to know better but still to young to care.
I think Mr. D made it pretty clear at this point that Orbit Pulleys are what Mattius asked him for and that is what he was invoiced for, the price makes that perfectly clear. Shipping mistakes happen and then you do your best to fix them as quick and painlessly as possible.
I believe that is what happened, ...do you?

I basically agree, but then why does Dimitri need to pat himself on the back for fixing a mistake his company made? This is not great customer support, this is the very bare minimum expected to ensure even at a cost to the company that a customer gets what they paid for, if you wanted to take it a bit further, why not give him a credit for new gear or send him two sets of sliders... there was a huge opportunity here to really show what Dimitri's customer service is like, instead he choose to celebrate the basic required action.... #fail
A much more interesting option might be meeting Dimitri face to face when you go to Hatteras in eight weeks or so, you can ask him to fill you in, and you will be up to date on all the inside gossip.
I have already done this a couple of times in the past, I'm sure I will again, I know the man well enough to chat a bit. I would say a loose acquaintance. But I certainly don't need Dimitri to fill me in on gossip. I can get that else where.
An even better idea would be to fly the Epic kites and ride the Epic boards, I'm sure Dimitri will encourage you to do so.
Maybe you will feel why some kiters really love his kites and boards.
as stated above I have in the past, and I would like to test the new Infinity and the Racer, I have been looking for a light wind solution for 2 years now. But I would have to love them a lot to spend the kind of money Epic is asking...
I've compared them to six or seven other brands in the last month and I really like them....You could do the same.
That would be fun to do over a month, I'll only have a week so that would be difficult to achieve. Right now I am still concentrating on finding a light wind kite, my Ion3s still do everything I need smaller kites to do.
That way you can stop wasting your time here trying to make his life difficult.
If you love the gear, you can pursue things further in that direction, and if not, you can stop busting his balls and go another way.
well, this is kind of a escape for me, passes the time at work so not really a waste of time, and I am not trying to make his life difficult, Dimitri pretty much does that on his own, I just call him on it when I don't agree. Owning and loving gear I doubt would have much effect on my posts, BS is still BS and Dimitri has plenty of that.
You might even like a nice bright red or yellow Epic waist harness!!! :thumb:
I haven't tried them yet so you never know! although having to wear a teeshirt over my harness to calm the bright colors does not seem that appealing to me... I'm afraid that might lead to wearing a trucker hat slightly sideways when I am off the water.... :)

Okay so there are your answers, now I have one for you... why do you care about what I think about Dimitri or anyone else? Are you his father or something, best friends, trying to get free or discounted kites? He's a big boy I am sure he can handle it.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Last edited by L0KI on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm

I see it differently, after reading all this from Dmitri he sounds more and more like his former business partner at Eclipse, Chris C. that guy took a lot of people's money and never delivered their kites. I can see now why they were partners.

I don't know what nationality has to do with a persons' character, but since you brought it up, you might want to read a newspaper where you will notice Greece is in economic chaos because of their poor financial decisions and total lack of judgement.

Sounds very familiar to me.

Return to “Kitesurfing”