Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

replacement pulley

forum for kitesurfers

Nukin
Frequent Poster

replacement pulley

Postby Nukin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:13 pm

I need to replace a couple of pulley's on a old kite. What has been identified as the best replacmement pully? Was thinking of these the Ronstan series 20 orbit ball bearing pully.
Suggestions are appreciated

http://ronstan.thomasnet.com/viewitems/ ... ing-pulley
Attachments
ronstan.jpg
ronstan.jpg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 624 times

geopeck
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: replacement pulley

Postby geopeck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:48 pm

These pulleys are great, I always replace worn ones with this type. I feel like they make a noticable difference in the flying, also they seem to keep their action free for a long time. I've never had a pulley break on me but it's nice to know that a break wouldn't be catastrophic with this pulley system.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: replacement pulley

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 am

Hello Nukin,
Yes these are great pulleys. So if you have to replace your pulleys, then you should definitely get these as a replacement. But they do cost more then other pulleys.
I have tested these pulleys and they are better then some other pulleys you can find in any marine stores. But again the only problem will be the salt and sand getting stuck inside the wheel and making it not spin. But since the pressure is taken from the middle you get less pressure on the wheels, which makes this pulley way better then any other pulleys that has a spinning wheel.

Return to “Kitesurfing”