2012 Ocean Rodeo Mako FR 135x37cm

2004 Gaastra Force 14m
2002 Liquid Force Switch 185cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chicken Loop (Ontario forum)??

Postby jbdc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Yeah, it sucks. Cram has been working on rebuilding the DB after it got raped by the spambots and was planning on migrating to a new DB. It was off Google's shit list for a while, but looks like it got infected again between this week and last. I'll be accessing it on my phone only until the google diagnostic page returns at least one clean scan.

smokedvw
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby smokedvw » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey,

I just moved to Toronto and I was curious when the season for Cherry Beach is? I would post on chicken loop now that I know it exists but as mentioned its blocked by google and chrome.

What kind of winds (knots) do you get in the season as well?

Thanks

pecmajor
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Marie Curtis
Favorite Beaches: Coconut Bay St Lucia
Outer Banks NC USA
Long Beach Ontario
Oliphant Ontario
Style: Kite as much as I can
Gear: On sale

Postby pecmajor » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 am

Yes it sucks to have the chicken loop hacked :cry: . I really miss it right when the season is starting. How am I to live vicariously hearing about others getting out in Ontario while I am working.
The season at cherry beach starts now and runs to the end of October. This depends on the weather. Of course the are always exceptions last year was the warmest on record and kiters were out in January and we were kiting in March.

alpower
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alpower » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:44 pm

smokedvw wrote:Hey,

I just moved to Toronto and I was curious when the season for Cherry Beach is? I would post on chicken loop now that I know it exists but as mentioned its blocked by google and chrome.

What kind of winds (knots) do you get in the season as well?

Thanks
I think Sunday people were out at Cherry for the first time. Cherry works from SW to E but generally anything with an E in it, people go down the road to Ashbridges (that said Ash is very unfriendly if you can't stay up wind) Best winds are spring and fall and range from light to about 30kts. Summer is mostly light and on the days you can get out you will see a lot of big Flysurfers. Toronto is relatively light winds compared to other areas in the province. Well exposed areas may occasionally see systems with 50kts in spring and fall and get a lot more kiteable days. Check out local kite spots http://www.localkitespots.com/kitesurfing/Ontario for other beaches near by. There is a good local scene and lots of riders to help navigate your way around.

pecmajor
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Marie Curtis
Favorite Beaches: Coconut Bay St Lucia
Outer Banks NC USA
Long Beach Ontario
Oliphant Ontario
Style: Kite as much as I can
Gear: On sale

Postby pecmajor » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:13 am

Anyone know whats up with this local Forum. Its was running again but I have been unable to log on for a few months now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”