Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Not Happy with '11 Dakine Pyro -- Any suggestions?

Forum for kitesurfers
FBKC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fernandina Beach, FL
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Not Happy with '11 Dakine Pyro -- Any suggestions?

Postby FBKC » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:24 pm

So I recently upgraded from a 2009 LF Comp Harness to a 2011 Dakine Pyro.

I thought the LF Comp was really comfortable, however it rode up really bad and also rotated on my torso.

So I got the Dakine Pyro and it was great because it doesn't rotate or ride up, the harness definitely locks in place.

However, I noticed when I squat or lift my knees when doing a back roll, the harness digs heavily into my Ribs. After one session my ribs were sore for a few days. I am short and stocky, and I have a friend who is tall and skinny and he loves the harness, so perhaps it's only due to my body type.

Then to make things worse, the stitching came completely off on one side of the inner-belt, so I am shipping it back to dakine and they are sending me a new one. However I am gonnna sell the new one and move on......

Anyone have good things to say about the 2011/2012 LF Comp harness or know of a "Comfy" harness that stays in place? I am open to all brands/suggestions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”