All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wainman Hawaii C-Kites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

kitesurfrabbi wrote:
Quote:
after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....

... on a 3 strut design.
on kites with more struts one pump comes in handy. the guys probably realised that once they tested kite with more than 3 struts ;-)

Lol...on their first website, they used to say it was dangerous. So this is a company who is knowingly putting dangerous goods in thé hands of their clients... I knew then, that they were painting themselves in à corner...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:43 pm 
Medium Poster

flipper231 wrote:
kitesurfrabbi wrote:
Quote:
after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....

... on a 3 strut design.
on kites with more struts one pump comes in handy. the guys probably realised that once they tested kite with more than 3 struts ;-)

Lol...on their first website, they used to say it was dangerous. So this is a company who is knowingly putting dangerous goods in thé hands of their clients... I knew then, that they were painting themselves in à corner...

well, let's just wait for the production kites. I see people making too many assumptions from what obviously is a proto.
One way how to smartly get out of that situation would be to give people an option (blade had this on one production year. They were sending kite as one-pumps, but with possibility to convert to standard system) by sending kites without one pump but with a conversion kit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 am 
Frequent Poster

vannibombonato wrote:
As a Wainman owner, i wonder how will they sell this magical one-pump system after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....

North did same with Vegas in 2012, no problem :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 am 
Very Frequent Poster

dandaka wrote:
vannibombonato wrote:
As a Wainman owner, i wonder how will they sell this magical one-pump system after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....

North did same with Vegas in 2012, no problem :)

Ha haa, exactly :thumb:

Just like they used to say 4 lines and bridles were a nono and insisted that only 5 line kites worked :wink:

Untill 2009 when the Evo and others came, so now 4 North kites (2/3 of their lineup) are or can be 4 lined bridled ones 8)
(of course they can also be flown as 5 lined - so a wise marketing decision to do both options)

You got a standpoint till you take a new one :rollgrin:

:D Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am 
Rare Poster

Looking forward to the C

Keith
www.xsporthk.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:38 pm 
Frequent Poster

Holy sickness! I guess no longer a rumor or speculation.

http://loopingit.com/2014-wainman-hawaii-teaser-2/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

i can see a V-bridle in the front lives.Epic Judje c-kite has it 2 years now and it works perfect.too bad tha Dimitri didnt pattend it and wainman copy it.And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am 
Medium Poster

From what I can see you can either use the bridle or not. Secondly A small V bridle was already in very old nobile NHP/666 kites ..... so its not Dimitri invention. It is not exactly the same one but the concept is the same. I am not sure if Nobile was the first brand to use such a bridle too.

Quote:
And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....

So please dont be a EPIC BRAND VICTIM yourself :lol: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 am 
Very Frequent Poster

wrogu wrote:
From what I can see you can either use the bridle or not. Secondly A small V bridle was already in very old nobile NHP/666 kites ..... so its not Dimitri invention. It is not exactly the same one but the concept is the same. I am not sure if Nobile was the first brand to use such a bridle too.

Quote:
And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....

So please dont be a EPIC BRAND VICTIM yourself :lol: :wink: :wink:

I use to be a brand victim until i opened my mind.I hate people who refuse to give a chance to a small brand that it builds good if not equal kites.

ps.the bridle on Nobile its not that small

always friendly ....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am 
Medium Poster

Quote:
I use to be a brand victim until i opened my mind.I hate people who refuse to give a chance to a small brand that it builds good if not equal kites.

ps.the bridle on Nobile its not that small

always friendly ....

You are right. But I would consider all: Nobile, Epic, Wainman as small brands :wink: That patent thing was an overkill :wink: :wink: Flexifoil Hadlow pro 2011 also had a small bridle. It is quite a common thing.

Have a close peek at the photos. There are several connection points to the kite. I have not seen any official info, but from the photos I am 90% positive you can have single line connection, small bridle connection and probably something else ;) Wainmans are know for their tunebility.

Anyways I have not flown WH or EPIC in my life. But I wanted to stand for WH :wink: they are not copycats ... or ... every brand is one :lol:

Cheers Mate, please don't take any offence :)

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next