Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

forum for kitesurfers


phillipson
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby phillipson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello fellow kite friends,
It is desperately hard to find any video or review, or pictures about those two kitesizes.

Only available video reviews are about the Lithium 8m and 10m sizes.

I would therefore like to ask you about any experiences with the actual Airush Lithium 12m and 14m sizes?
Please share your opinions about the windrange, bottom and highend?

Many thanks in advance.

phillipson
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review?

Postby phillipson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Can not imagine no one had tried those two kite sizes or at least can drop down some numbers regarding the Windrage?

Nukin
Frequent Poster
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:00 am

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby Nukin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Yeah, would also like to hear any input about the 2011 kites such as the 13LW lithium.
Looking for a used light wind kite.

User avatar
jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:18 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec
Contact:

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby jumarcil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm

phillipson wrote:Hello fellow kite friends,
It is desperately hard to find any video or review, or pictures about those two kitesizes.

Only available video reviews are about the Lithium 8m and 10m sizes.

I would therefore like to ask you about any experiences with the actual Airush Lithium 12m and 14m sizes?
Please share your opinions about the windrange, bottom and highend?

Many thanks in advance.
they dont make 14m lw; 13 and 15
I had those 2 kites;
12m 2011 : 10 knots to 25 is pretty accurate, but 10 knots with a mega board. The 12m lithium is a nice kite with good power, it pivots pretty fast, jumps are nice and floaty; it is a grunty kite.
13m lw 2010 : 8 knots to 20 knots. Really nice lightwind kite. One of the best I have had for LW. They make it in the 15lw but you dont get much more on the low end and you lose a lot on top.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3801
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby ronnie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:00 pm


Schmidy
Medium Poster
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 am
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby Schmidy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:13 pm

jumarcil wrote:
phillipson wrote:Hello fellow kite friends,
It is desperately hard to find any video or review, or pictures about those two kitesizes.

Only available video reviews are about the Lithium 8m and 10m sizes.

I would therefore like to ask you about any experiences with the actual Airush Lithium 12m and 14m sizes?
Please share your opinions about the windrange, bottom and highend?

Many thanks in advance.
they dont make 14m lw; 13 and 15
I had those 2 kites;
12m 2011 : 10 knots to 25 is pretty accurate, but 10 knots with a mega board. The 12m lithium is a nice kite with good power, it pivots pretty fast, jumps are nice and floaty; it is a grunty kite.
13m lw 2010 : 8 knots to 20 knots. Really nice lightwind kite. One of the best I have had for LW. They make it in the 15lw but you dont get much more on the low end and you lose a lot on top.
Hey Jurmacil,

I believe he is talking about the 2012 Lithium which comes in 14lw instead of a 13lw and 15lw
7-18 knots for someone at 75kg on a medium twintip. But like you said with a lot of low end you sacrifice the top end. If you are looking for a Lightwind kite than the sacrifice is definitely justified in my opinion.

Cheers,
Schmidy :thumb:

phillipson
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby phillipson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Many thanks for the replies.

Sounds like an interesting kite the 14m one.

Best regards

User avatar
jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:18 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec
Contact:

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby jumarcil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Sorry my mistake;

Must be really nice the new 14m LW as my 13LW really was a great LW kite. My friends were very surprised that I could ride in such lightwind on a 13m. When use it with the sector it really is a winning combination.

Jules

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 pm
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: UK - all north east beaches
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: everything Airush and shinn, and anything else I can get to try - I have to test it all, else I'd be a charlatan :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK)

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby MikeBirt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I have not tried the 12 but I have tried the 10 and the 14.. it is the first big kite over 10m I have bought in 3 years.

It's extremely quick to turn for a 14, maintains exceptional forward speed through the turn and is very efficient. As such you can really work it onto the plane and the efficiency keeps it there. I found it outstanding.

Size for size the 10 has grunt and the 14 does not, yet the 14 is so efficient and quick that paired to a capable rider and efficient board it is THE best big kite I have ever used.. hence why I always have one in the van.

I tried it against the 17m vxr, 15m one on the same day and it gets going faster than the 15m one (due to forward turning speed and lack of stall in the turn) and you can work the board onto the plane at the same time as the slower 17m race kite. Sure the race kite goes upwind better and you have generally more power in super light winds to point - but it hoes out and back at the same windspeed IMHO.. and is VERY fast to turn for a 14, hence why I use it for general fun oriented riding..

and it's totally water restartable..

:-)

phillipson
Rare Poster
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 am
Kiting since: 2006
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Airush Lithium 12m and 14m LW review

Postby phillipson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 pm

MikeBirt wrote:I have not tried the 12 but I have tried the 10 and the 14.. it is the first big kite over 10m I have bought in 3 years.

It's extremely quick to turn for a 14, maintains exceptional forward speed through the turn and is very efficient. As such you can really work it onto the plane and the efficiency keeps it there. I found it outstanding.

Size for size the 10 has grunt and the 14 does not, yet the 14 is so efficient and quick that paired to a capable rider and efficient board it is THE best big kite I have ever used.. hence why I always have one in the van.

I tried it against the 17m vxr, 15m one on the same day and it gets going faster than the 15m one (due to forward turning speed and lack of stall in the turn) and you can work the board onto the plane at the same time as the slower 17m race kite. Sure the race kite goes upwind better and you have generally more power in super light winds to point - but it hoes out and back at the same windspeed IMHO.. and is VERY fast to turn for a 14, hence why I use it for general fun oriented riding..

and it's totally water restartable..

:-)

Sounds great :)

Only missing is some GoPro or similar onboard video of your experience :cool2:

Many thanks for the brief review "MikeBirt".

Best regards


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rickydee and 10 guests

cron