Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airline Baggage Weight Experience - pls add yours

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Airline Baggage Weight Experience - pls add yours

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 am

Air New Zealand was the best ever to travel with boards but now they are after the $$$ - which sux as they market NZ as a board sports heaven (which it is) and AIRNZ is generally a very good airliine to fly with.

International - extra bag with surfboard $100nz each way.

Hawaiian - $24/ $40 each way inter island + when u buy a ticket it is not clear that u did not pay for your first bag. They ripped me - sold me a 1st class ticket that included extra bags and chrged me for 2 extra bags too - $200 one way maui to oahu! and to top it off they absolutely smashed my sup - dragged it along the ground on the rails and crushed it in parts.

My advice - print out from the airline website the baggage deals - then u don't get into that utterly shit situation before u leave.

U gotta be careful labeling your bag contents with what is not inside - they don't like it for security reasons... so they say.... seems a bit stupid tho, don't believe anything to start with would be best way to go....

Return to “Kitesurfing”