Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

@ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Forum for kitesurfers
WaveRider001
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Lanes, Mokuleia, Kitebeach
Style: Wave and Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

@ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby WaveRider001 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi,
I hope you can help me regarding the following issues:
1) I plan to change my/our complete kite quiver from cabrinha to naish because I think the Park will better fit to my/our riding style (unhooked, kiteloops AND waves). Last year I rode the Nomads, but now they seem to be more like a real freestyle/wakestyle kite as the drifter covers waveriding.
What's your advice regarding sizes? Me (73 Kg) and my girlfriend (52 Kg) will share a 4 kites quiver and we are both experienced, riding twintip and surfboard (Naish global 5'7 and 5'10)... Last year we were happy with 5, 7, 9 Nomads and 11m Switchblade.
I am not sure if we should take 5, 7, 9, 12 (11) or 6, 8, 10, 12 Parks? How is the windrange compare to cabrinha Nomads?

2) We will be on a longer kite trip (4 months!) starting end of August from Europe. Do you have any idea when Naish will release the 2013 lineup? I would like to avoide buying the 2012 park models in June/July and seeing the 2013 models a month later... What I have in mind is, that Naish releases their kites around July/August? Maybe one of the distributors can help! It should be Naish's interest to get 2 more happy clients. We are very loyal as we rode cabrinha for 10 years and changed the quiver almost every year...

Hope you can help! See you on the water!
J

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:23 pm

I've ridden the parks down to 6. I do not have any experience on the Cabs, so if you could estimate winds that would be great.

I would also say that when you choose the kites also consider the kite which will be the ideal kite first, then build out around that. For instance I like the 11 better for waves than the 12. 10 is the magic kite around here since we generally have light winds, but the 9 I like even more.

Where I ride it is mostly Naish and North that people are riding. We have one guy on a cab.

How you ride the parks will affect your range. In light winds I usually just lock the bar down more, and I am good with the low end. Some people are saying it has less low end, but I am not sure if I agree as I can ride pretty much the same winds they are on their regular kite. It is a matter is not moving the bar too much.

I am about 85kg. For instance yesterday I rode the 9 in winds from about 15 mph to 27 mph on the 5'9'' skater.

In regards to when the kites are launched...I obviously don't know anything for sure, but in general the new kites have been launched at around that time..maybe around September / October that past few years, but I really do not know the launch schedule...and it might be different in Europe than over here. Also It would depend on if the kites were shipped by boat or air. Getting a set of new Parks I feel like the guys sleeping outside the apple store for an iPad. :thumb:

Knowing that should give you some negotiating leverage though. :-) The 2012 are fantastic kites, and they will be good even after the new comes out. Making one thing better doesn't automatically make something else bad. :thumb:

WaveRider001
Medium Poster

Postby WaveRider001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks for your help taut!
My first choice is 6, 8, 10, 12. I have not just one homespot. In the summertime I mostly use 12m at lakes (thermal wind) and in the spring/autumn at the north sea all kind of kites. As we don't have trade winds as on Hawaii you have to be prepared for everything... I'm also travelling a lot and once a year I go for a few weeks to HI. I will be on Oahu at the end of October... So see you hopefully at mokes... :thumb:

Regarding the timing of buying new Parks, I have also the issue that I would like to sell the kites a year later. If there are already new models available at that time I buy the current/old model, I can sell them a year later at a much lower price (2 year old models then)...
What I have read in older posts, people already got 2012 models at around July/August 2011, that's why I'm asking if it is every year the same time or if Nasih comes out whenever they are ready?
I'm happy with my stuff right now, but I will start travelling end of August and like to get new kites...

Anyway, will ask my dealer...

See you on the water
J

konetoniolo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varzinha
Style: Freeride/Freestyle/Wave
Gear: 2010 Cabrinha Switchblade 12m & 9m

2009 Underground FLX 135x41

Postby konetoniolo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey Bro,

well, I ride cabrinhas, and i've been looking over parks, because the naish seller here in my town owns the kiteclub i ride, and he's always talking great stuff about the Park (obviously).

Well, i ride cabrinhas for a wile (since 2007). Ridding the Park, comparing to SBs, i would say it doesnt pulls you as much as the SB, but I are as thinking on buying a 8m and a 12m (to cover most of the wind range thats possible around here). And I was think on buying also a 7m and a 10 to my gf, she tried both and liked them alot.

So, from my experience, to coverr the most possible wind range, since where I kite we have fro, 12 knots to 40 knots in the wind season, i would stick to the 6, 8, 10 and 12m line up...

Hope I was helpefull

WaveRider001
Medium Poster

Postby WaveRider001 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks man!
I rode cabrinha nomads which had less low-end as switchblades... So I hope, I can compare the parks with nomads a bit.
The main reason why I like to change is, that the new cab nomad seems more a fressstyle/wakestyle kite and less suitable for waveriding because it sits deeper in the wind-window.

The smallest kite in our range should be used mainly by my girlfriend when there is strong wind (Maui, cape town...). But, what I found out, the parks don't pull so much and have a great high end.

I try to get a test kite, but I can test just 10/12m in our summer conditions...

konetoniolo
Medium Poster

Postby konetoniolo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:02 am

I never rode a Nomad, so I cant compare the park with it... Its always good to have small kites, in strong winds, you will be able to ride the 6

About wave ridding, I cannot help you either... I only tryed the park in lakes around here.

Try testing the 10m, I know you will like it. Less bar pressure than the Cabs, and a very quick kite...

My biguest complain about naish kites is that the trim adjustment... I bought a 2009 Cult Sport and rode it for a while, but changed it back for a Cab SB in less than 3 months...

Hope u try one and enjouy the park!

xfact
Rare Poster

Postby xfact » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:34 am

konetoniolo wrote:Hey Bro,

well, I ride cabrinhas, and i've been looking over parks, because the naish seller here in my town owns the kiteclub i ride, and he's always talking great stuff about the Park (obviously).

Well, i ride cabrinhas for a wile (since 2007). Ridding the Park, comparing to SBs, i would say it doesnt pulls you as much as the SB, but I are as thinking on buying a 8m and a 12m (to cover most of the wind range thats possible around here). And I was think on buying also a 7m and a 10 to my gf, she tried both and liked them alot.

So, from my experience, to coverr the most possible wind range, since where I kite we have fro, 12 knots to 40 knots in the wind season, i would stick to the 6, 8, 10 and 12m line up...

Hope I was helpefull

I suggest pretty much the same. I own a 10 & 12 and that pretty much covers my wind ranges. I consider also a 14, but I am heavier. I'd go for 6,8,10,12.

WaveRider001
Medium Poster

Postby WaveRider001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks guys!
konetoniolo wrote:My biguest complain about naish kites is that the trim adjustment... I bought a 2009 Cult Sport and rode it for a while, but changed it back for a Cab SB in less than 3 months...
I think the other way around. I don't like the cabrinha adjuster anymore, because it is very hard to pull in stronger winds. Since I do more unhooked and have to adjust the trim, I always need to wrap the bungee robe around my hand, which can hurt! Balls are too small... In steady wind it's not an issue, but when it is gusty it's very annoying...

On the other side, I think the cabrinha bar is, despite the adjsuter, one of the best bars: very clean, nice bar ends, durable depower rope, and good saftey...

What's your opinion about the 2012 4-line naish bar?

konetoniolo
Medium Poster

Postby konetoniolo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Well,

naish bar is as clean as cabrinhas bar. Its way lighter, nice looking, and despite the trim adjuster (that i didnt got used to), is a very good bar.

Ive been looking some 2012 websites, just for curiosity, and all the 2012 bars are very deacent.

I agree with a friend that says that kites nowadays got toa point that the only new improvements they can get is if the make it wireless!

2012 kites from big companies are all similars. And for me, the park is similar to the RPM, and some other 3 strut kites. My friends who ride them prefer it becaus of the trim and ther bar pressure, and all say its a veri quick kite, good relaunch, etc.

I belive that u cannot go wrong choosing a Park line up, as I also belive that a Cabrinha line up is also a very good line up.

But im sure that if you are buyng a set up for you AND your girl, the Park is way better. All girls that ride in the citeclub I go prefer Naish kites, since it has lower bar pressure, and it doesent makes them tired after a session of kiting

Wll,

I hope I was helpfull!

Pippi langsamer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Big Bay
Langebaan
Dolphin Beach
Shark Bay
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby Pippi langsamer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:04 am

I'm also wondering what sizes I should buy in the Park.

I'm around 80kg Freeride.

I've flown Cult's the last three years, and generally had a three-kite quiver of 7.5/9/12. Most of my kiting was done in Cape Town, where the 7.5 and the 9 got most of the use. Been here in Sydney the last year and generally only used the 12.

Heading back home to UK soon, and am looking at upgrading to Parks. I would like to try get away with two kites if possible, and am wondering whether I should go for the 9/12 or 8/12?

Return to “Kitesurfing”