Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

@ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Slappysan wrote:Have people in Hawaii actually flown the 2013 parks already?
Yes. I have flown the 12 - 10 - 9 and 8 in winds from 10 to about 40 mph. :thumb: :thumb:
Quite a bit of difference this year. The outline is different, bridle half the size and different power delivery. The kite looks smaller, but definitely has more power. I think the kite might be a flatter, but the looping is still a very even pull.

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 am

How does the low end compare to the 2012?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 am

Slappysan wrote:How does the low end compare to the 2012?
Well. I'd venture to say it is quite a bit better. There is another significant difference IMO. Last year if you tried to take it out with a raceboard, the kite would go forward and then drop the power. This year is goes forward, but hold the power and pull. I've had it out in very light conditions with my raceboard and and it worked very well. It also feels like it goes up wind better.

Wehn we put the kites side by side 2012 with 2013 not only was the bridle shorter, but it had been moved quite bit forward ont he kite too...which is probably why it goes up wind better.

kenn f poulsen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: jomfrugaard
Favorite Beaches: Lanes on maui :o)
Style: wave
Gear: Neo- kazumasurfboards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kenn f poulsen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:07 pm

how well is the 2013 park in waves..riding.. think maybe it will go to must upwind??
hate when a kite go to far upwind.. i using park 2011 now and loving it.. but not the lowend on my 10m

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Sounds like a personal problem...

Everyone has their opinion on what the best kite is but to say Naish sucks is stupid.

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

I do ride on Maui... The only place I've ever kited. Naish is also the only kite I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare to. Of course I've never paid full price for a kite but that is because I buy used, not because I get some sort of deal.

I've seen you have had some personal problems with the Naish people but have you ever had a problem with the kites?

What kite do you use that is so much better?

I see people on the beach change brands all the time. I don't know if you could really say one is the best as we all have different needs. Personally I'd like to try Wainman and Cabrinha kites but just haven't had the chance.

Remember we do live on an Island, I try to live my life with Aloha and it seems like I get much Aloha back.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:47 pm

rightguard wrote: I see people on the beach change brands all the time. I don't know if you could really say one is the best as we all have different needs. Personally I'd like to try Wainman and Cabrinha kites but just haven't had the chance.

Remember we do live on an Island, I try to live my life with Aloha and it seems like I get much Aloha back.
:thumb:
:thumb: :thumb:

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Park 2012-2013?
Same thing. Dont even bother upgrading.
There has been definitely some improvement in the low end on the 2012 upgrade vs 2011. But 2013 is a copy of 2012.
People will tell you that 2013 goes upwind better, faster and jumps higher.
Same as before. No difference. I tried them.

It's not only Naish...also other brands are the same.The Rebel 2013 is the exact copy of 2012 Which is identical to 2011.

In 2013 not a lot to talk about. I am not seen any big improvement. I would definitely wait couple of month and lift some 2012 kites at 40% off.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 am

Er Presidente wrote:Park 2012-2013?
Same thing. Dont even bother upgrading.
There has been definitely some improvement in the low end on the 2012 upgrade vs 2011. But 2013 is a copy of 2012.
People will tell you that 2013 goes upwind better, faster and jumps higher.
Same as before. No difference. I tried them.

It's not only Naish...also other brands are the same.The Rebel 2013 is the exact copy of 2012 Which is identical to 2011.

In 2013 not a lot to talk about. I am not seen any big improvement. I would definitely wait couple of month and lift some 2012 kites at 40% off.
I disagree that the kites are the same. Sure the kite feels similar, I am glad they did not take away the DNA that makes the Park such a great kite (and why all brands now have a 3 strut kite) but there are definitely some changes there. You can easily see the bridle is half the size, and that it is much more forward on the kite. You easily feel that the way it pulls in the loop is different, and if you ever take the two kites out on a raceboard you would certainly feel that difference. How does it affect you riding? Well, the kite seems to me to jump better with a more aggressive pull, more so in the way it loops more evenly. It feels stabler, and more solid. Though we did not put the kites on top of each other deflated the new seems a little smaller...and flatter..
Which would make sense if it feels like it holds the power better?

We'll do a side by side here sometimes when the wind hits again.

To what extent people can make do with a last years kite..sure no problem. Figuring out if the getting the improvements is worth it, well that is something people have to figure out for themselves.

Making one product better doesn't mean that last years kite is bad...they are certainly very good kites still, but saying the kite is the same when there are some very obvious difference doesn't make sense to me either. :-)

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 am

Hi all. First of all I've flown Naish Parks since they were put on the market. Overall I'm very happy with them. I have a question for Tautologies that I personally really appreciate for his competence :thumb: . Speaking about lift and hang time is the Park 2013 better than the previous one? Thanks in advance.
Carlo
:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”