Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Do people hate cabrinha?

Forum for kitesurfers
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Do people hate cabrinha?

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Amazing - how did you find an almost two and a half year old post ?

Maybe still relevant, don't know...
Here there is no love or hate towards Cab, just a brand like most others :naughty:

8) Peter

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby L0KI » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm

shawn13 wrote:I like them :thumb: Owned 7 Cabs and haven't had any major issues!
You just said in another thread (quoted below) that the Cabrinha IDS 2 Flag system NEVER flag properly.
Which is dangerous in really strong winds, a MAJOR safety issue with your high wind kite.
shawn13 wrote:My 7m and 10m Switchblades NEVER flag properly in really strong winds with the Cab IDS 2 line flag system.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
shawn13 wrote:I like them :thumb: Owned 7 Cabs and haven't had any major issues!
You just said in another thread (quoted below) that the Cabrinha IDS 2 Flag system NEVER flag properly.
Which is dangerous in really strong winds, a MAJOR safety issue with your high wind kite.
shawn13 wrote:My 7m and 10m Switchblades NEVER flag properly in really strong winds with the Cab IDS 2 line flag system.
Yes, its doesn't flag the same in different winds, but i never said I hated it

The kite depowers to the edge of the window, there's a 50/50 chance of it flagging and flipping onto the beach, or flipping upside down in the air and having to walk all the way to the kite via one line. Technically, they do say you should walk up the front line to the kite and recover it, its more of an annoyance. 1x overdrive has fixed the issue.

Also, read below:

Peter_Frank wrote:Amazing - how did you find an almost two and a half year old post ?

Maybe still relevant, don't know...
Here there is no love or hate towards Cab, just a brand like most others :naughty:

8) Peter
Its windy, and im stuck in the office and cant kite. Sometimes its nice to stir the pot with an old thread :jump: Maybe itll take attention of Epic and save Dimitri paragraphs of of writing in epics defence!

In all seriousness, its annoying for people to generalize a brands with kooks. its no different than people hating on foils. It doesn't matter what we ride as long as we ride together in peace, and help others so our beaches don't get banned.
Last edited by shawn13 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AlterEgo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: World
Favorite Beaches: World
Style: Freestyle and Waves
Gear: North Rebel
Been thanked: 0

Postby AlterEgo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Not if you are someone who is OK overpaying for something.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 pm

I have owned 4 cab kites. Still have a 7m vector. Very nice , good looking , high quality, IMO.
It came down to new switchblade or rebels this year(2014). I ended up with Rebels and absolutely love them(5th line and all). The Rebels were a little less money, fit my hooked in only riding style better , and I really like the look of the 2014. MY goal is to get at least 50 sessions on each kite then flip for new ones, I am about half way with 9m and 12m. I just picked up 14m ( this kite has massive low end).

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Love the Rebel, dislike the cab.
Yes, massive low end on the Rebel. A pal was on a 9m SB Cab and I was on a 6m Rebel in chest-high waves.

Cabs seem to ingrain a certain style of riding where your arms have to be straight out all times.
LE diameter is massive.

:whisper:

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Been thanked: 0

Postby William Munney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 am

SupaEZ wrote:Do you people hate Liquid Force? :angryfire: :heartface: :remybussi:
I hate the LF Proof I wasted money on before I started kiting not knowing it was a cheaply made piece of garbage good only for water starts.....

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 am

People hate if they can not afford it and are envious.

A smart person will never hate, just dislike.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:04 pm

word.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Toby wrote:People hate if they can not afford it and are envious.
A smart person will never hate, just dislike.
Toby, once you said that nobody makes kiteboarding gear for profit, only for passion.

but how about that?
Since 2000, Cabrinha, a subsidiary of the Pryde Group, has climbed the ranks to take the position as the leading kitesurfing brand, selling in over 40 countries worldwide
from http://www.cabrinhakites.com/about-cabrinha.html
Pryde Group is a privately held company - a partnership between Mr. Neil Pryde and the Shriro Group
from http://www.pryde-group.com/introduction.html
Our financial goal is to provide best returns to our investments and to maximize the long term shareholder value
from http://www.shriro.com/index.php?option= ... 97&lang=en

see? not a word about passion...

Return to “Kitesurfing”