Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Royal kites.. Wheres my kites

Forum for kitesurfers
sprockett
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ruakaka Beach, One tree point,......
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines
Gear: Nobile, Flexifoil, Sprockett Boards
Brand Affiliation: Sprockett Boards (owner)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Royal kites.. Wheres my kites

Postby sprockett » Wed May 09, 2012 1:51 pm

I am sorry if I am using a public forum to get a response from my kite supplier...But I'm getting no results through normal channels.

Last December I contacted Royal Kites, To take up the dealership for New Zealand.
With the up and coming decision on the Olympics and their apparent drive towards racing I thought they would be the right direction to head.
Over 4 months ago I Paid the money for my kites (okay only 12 kites but for me that is a lot), and after numerous UN-answered emails, They have been unable to produce details/proof of my kites shipping.
Simone/Mikael If you read this... I am tired of the chasing... Please just refund my money.. I no-longer have faith in royal Kites and would not want to go through this again.
I should not have to chase and chase and chase to get a simple reply. and still no shipping details(or Kites)

Sorry it came to this

Matthew Spragg
Sprockett Boards New Zealand
www.sprockett.co.nz

mexicanshoes
Rare Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: wainmansss
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites

Postby mexicanshoes » Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm

WOW.... i really hope you get you kites or at least your money back man. :cry: shame on Royal kites !

sprockett
Medium Poster

Postby sprockett » Wed May 09, 2012 2:11 pm

big bummer is our season is over now , if they ever arrive... by the time I can sell them they will be old model and not worth what I paid for them.

sprockett
Medium Poster

Postby sprockett » Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 am

Small update here...
Royal were very quick to reply... After I posted here.
Their explanation was that the kites had apparently left the factory by courier(several months ago)
They have been unable to produce documentation to show this ever happened.
They also said they needed 10 days to track where the kites were, (they made note they have no more stock) If the kites were not found they will send me next years kites...This over 3 weeks ago with no reply to my emails
I have asked for a full refund... to which I have of course received no answer.

I hope royal can read this and understand I am a small business and I cannot afford to tie this much capital up without some return for this amount of time.

I understand these shipping issues can happen... But I have big issues with Royal's lack of communication/response.

Matthew
www.sprockett.co.nz

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 pm

sprockett wrote:...Over 4 months ago I Paid the money for my kites (okay only 12 kites but for me that is a lot), and after numerous UN-answered emails, They have been unable to produce details/proof of my kites shipping.
Simone/Mikael If you read this... I am tired of the chasing... Please just refund my money.. I no-longer have faith in royal Kites and would not want to go through this again....
:mad2:

Wow this sounds a lot like those posts that started when Eclipse hit financial trouble.
I hope this is not the case here.

If ROYAL (http://rylkiteboarding.com) are not in financial trouble they will I am sure quickly refund you all your money and this will be but a blip on the radar as you build your business here in New Zealand. Lets not forget ROYAL will want to re assure all their international dealers that they can be trusted with their money as the kiteboarding industry is a very small world.

A good 6 months has passed since you first mentioned to me you were the new agent for RYL.
ROYAL, SIMONE VANUCCI & MIKAEL sort it out guys, this is shameful.

Full disclosure: I import BEST kites and CrazyFly into NZ and am a former Royal importer for NZ from some years ago. So I know a bit more than most about what it's like working with RYL.
I can get kites from my suppliers within 2 weeks, so I'm supporting Matt in stating publicly that this is way out of order. A delay of this magnitude is unheard of.

Stick to your guns Matt.
If they actually shipped your Kites they would have also sent your the tracking numbers at the time. Every kite will be tracked out of the factory to the destination just as we both do for our own customers here in New Zealand.

As soon as I hear they have refunded your money I will be able to believe this was just a big screw up in logistics and in house operations.
But if they delay any further I'd be worried indeed that your money has gone.

Oh and put the jug on, I'm on my way to your shop to drink your coffee :coffee:

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue May 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah unfortunately it seem that this is not the only issue with Royal. I am also having major issues with Royal. Simone/Mikael seem to just ignore their problems with a complete lack of communication. I have been begging for 4 months to make things right but there is no sign of this happening.
I will soon be taking action against this company to recover my money.

Haugastol
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oslo, Norway
Favorite Beaches: Too many
Style: Any
Gear: Ozone
Cabrinha
Mystic
Underground
HQ
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Cabrinha
HQ

Postby Haugastol » Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Wow,
that is not a way to run a seious business.

By the weay, I never heard of Royal kites, nor have I ever seen one in Norway, USA or Denmark.
Who are they?
Since how log have they been in business?`

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Lets hope they get things in order. From what i heared most people were very positive about the kites. Would be a shame to see a brand like that disapear.

It does sound familiar to the story Chris Cousins gave in the final days of Eclipse he said he couldnt get the kites from the factory either. And lets be honest the only thing other brands can learn from that guy... HOW NOT TO RUN A BRAND..and what NOT to say to customers..

So let's hope Royal does something about it.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Haugastol wrote:Wow,
that is not a way to run a seious business.

By the weay, I never heard of Royal kites, nor have I ever seen one in Norway, USA or Denmark.
Who are they?
Since how log have they been in business?`
I had heard of them and seen one or two of their ERA kites on the east coast back in 2008 I believe. One person I had talked to had really like the ERA. Haven't seen any since then. I didn't realize they were still in business until I recently saw the videos of their racing kites and boards. Are they a major player in the race scene in Europe?

A quick look at the results for the PKRA France races currently going on shows 3 Royal riders.

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and foil. Little freestyle.
Gear: Gin kites, Hyde Kites, Kauper.

Postby Hasse » Tue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm

stefaans wrote:Yeah unfortunately it seem that this is not the only issue with Royal. I am also having major issues with Royal. Simone/Mikael seem to just ignore their problems with a complete lack of communication. I have been begging for 4 months to make things right but there is no sign of this happening.
I will soon be taking action against this company to recover my money.
They exist in Sweden, Denmark. So i think you should look next time you come to Denmark ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”