Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Disappointing North quality, Fuse riders check your kites

Forum for kitesurfers
MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maiden Cay , Jamaica
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)
Style: Freeride learning Freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha 10 Switchblade ... 2012 Cabrinha Chopstick
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disappointing North quality, Fuse riders check your kite

Postby MattyRossJa » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 pm

xray wrote:Hi All,

End of august last year picked up two new Fuses 2011, latest model at that point.
Very nice kite, all-round, good lowend, good high end, nice turning, good hang time, great quality bar. On the riding side nothing wrong, very good kite overall and still love it.

On the quality side however it's a different story. Last saturday, well less than a year later including a quite severe winter so not that much riding on the kite, I unpacked my kite and encountered a major flaw. They overlooked to place a patch on the 10m on the place where the bridle line runs over the leading edge. The consequence is that I now have an almost brand new kite where the bridle line has almost entirely cut the leading edge. Pure luck that the kite didn't explode yet. On both sides of the kite the same issue. Immediately checked my 7m as well but that one was ok having a patch on the right spot.

End of the story? Really nice kite, check the flaw before you get into trouble!
I noticed a very similar thing on my 2012 11m North Rebel , I wish i had taken a picture of it before i sold it

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 am

Absolutley no doubt North is keeping a close eye on this thread.

In fact ALL the kite companies watch this forum like hawks....they may say they dont but they all jump on at some point and casually state 'oh...I was just noticing...or'...we just happened to stop by...'
North is reading this thread guaranteed....

btw is that why they nixed the fuse?

misfit132
Rare Poster
Style: Race/Freeride
Gear: North Fuse 7 12
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Mystic

Postby misfit132 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:35 am

My 7 and 12 fuse 2011 have no problem, and 2013 10 m evo works great. I wonder how local dealer will respond on my warranty complain. If negative, that i will contact offical north and i wil see. I own many north products cuz they excels in every way,but this.wear make me sad wasnt be able to ride and
kite is defected even if i put patch on, it will tear again... I hope the best!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:15 am

a friend bought a brand new vegas 2013 and the canopy eas sewed on the leading edge in a small part of it.he send photos and they answered that the problem is aesthitical and the kite will fly well so they are not changing the kite.instead they offer 20% discount :lol: :lol: to the next buy.not only the treat you like a zero(IMO you are just a serial number in big brands) they try to get your money again with a ridiculus. discount.i know well that a kite never exceeds 350$ the most in construction to them. :angryfire:

sharky79
Medium Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby sharky79 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 am

In the past 3-4 years North have been named as one of the most reliable brands on the market. It is not encouraging to buy North gear after reading this post.
Only smaller brands will treat us right, meaning either give a reasonable compensation for depreciation or replace the kite for free with a newer / different model.

misfit132
Rare Poster
Style: Race/Freeride
Gear: North Fuse 7 12
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding, Mystic

Postby misfit132 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Today i looked up my 2011 12 fuse, and has slighty wear on LE cuz of this bridle, but nothing major, kite is used well. Anyway fuses exceels in big airs and hangtime, mybe i made mistake cuz i didnt buy rebel, but i was afraid of 5 line. Probably will be next rebel, cuz never had any issues with reverting.

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 pm

sharky79 wrote: Only smaller brands will treat us right, meaning either give a reasonable compensation for depreciation or replace the kite for free with a newer / different model.
...without letting this post digress into a "this brand is better than that brand" argument, I just want to add that I did have indeed extremely positive experience with a big brand when I had issues... so I wouldn't say the "size" is relevant, it is rather the strategy of the brand how customer focused they are...

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 pm

sharky79 wrote:Only smaller brands will treat us right, meaning either give a reasonable compensation for depreciation or replace the kite for free with a newer / different model.
I experienced the exact opposite from a small kite brand; only silly comments, but no replacement of a faulty kite and/or parts.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 am

I've had very good support from North.
I've had very good support from Epic.
I've had very good support from Slingshot.
I've had very good support from Ocean Rodeo.

Company size seems to have nothing to do with the service I have received.
How I got in touch, what was communicated and how, and who I talked to, seems to have been key.

Return to “Kitesurfing”