Style: freestyle
Gear: 145 Cab Rival with 2010 Sync Bindings
2012 14m LF NRG light breeze
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Liquid Force NRG Light Breeze 14?

Postby celly » Mon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm

I am considering getting the 14m lightbreeze from REAL. I am a beginner and have had a bad experience with the first used kite I got so forking up some cash for a new one... I'm riding in 10-20k on almost all days and have a 145 cab rival. Only concern about the NRG is it's relaunch ability so i'm in the same boat as you. Interested in seeing what everyone's experience is with it... Also, has anyone had anything shipped to them from REAL? How was your experience?

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

I would try the kite before you exchange money. Not enough track record. Could be good but you should try.. :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump:

Shoe
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Gear: RRD Obsession 13.5
RRD Obsession 9.5
RRD Emotion 10

Postby Shoe » Tue May 29, 2012 1:21 am

After seeing the lack of experience, I decided to take the plunge and order one from real. I have ordered from them in the past and have had great luck. Kite showed up within a week which is pretty good considering where I live. I haven't tried it yet as my conditions have been very light. I'll let you know what I think once I get it in the air.

Happy memorial day!

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 am

celly wrote:I am considering getting the 14m lightbreeze from REAL. I am a beginner and have had a bad experience with the first used kite I got so forking up some cash for a new one... I'm riding in 10-20k on almost all days and have a 145 cab rival. Only concern about the NRG is it's relaunch ability so i'm in the same boat as you. Interested in seeing what everyone's experience is with it... Also, has anyone had anything shipped to them from REAL? How was your experience?
REAL is probably the biggest kite shop in the US. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, they're super helpful on the phone and really try to help you out. Fast shipping etc as you would expect

celly
Medium Poster

Postby celly » Wed May 30, 2012 12:30 am

Shoe: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the kite from REAL? Did you get it complete?

celly
Medium Poster

Postby celly » Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 am

Also, has anyone had any experience ordering online from kiteboarding.com? I would love to try out kites before I order but the closest kite shop is 3 plus hours from my place.

Shoe
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Gear: RRD Obsession 13.5
RRD Obsession 9.5
RRD Emotion 10

Postby Shoe » Wed May 30, 2012 1:10 am

Hi Celly,
I purchased it kite only. I already have a CPR bar that I purchased to go with some of my other kites(it's a sick bar system). This was my second purchase from Real online and they are great.

I really like the idea of trying to support my local kite shop, but like you, I don't have one. I contacted another dealer who is closer(and a friend of a friend) to see if I can get one from a local-ish kite shop. It turns out that Real purchased ALL of the NRG light breezes, so if your dealer doesn't have one, you are shopping at REAL. With their prices and product knowledge, that isn't a bad thing.

I am going to try to break away this week/weekend and give it a trial run. It's a bit of a gut check purchasing without testing it, especially one without many reviews. It's a new model, and I was willing to take the risk. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts about it once I get a chance to try it out.

Cheers!

nickkites
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Navarre Beach, Pensacola Beach, Fort Walton Beach, FL!
Favorite Beaches: Navarre Beach, FL a little cove that is only accessible by boat
Style: Aggresive Freestyle/Soul Sessions
Gear: Our School is Sponsored by Liquid Force so I'm usually riding a 12m Envy but I am known to sport a Slingshot Fuel/Rally every now and then.
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, Navarre Kiteboarding, N/A Boardsports LLC

Postby nickkites » Wed May 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi bro we deal Liquid Force and the NRG isn't that great of a kite the Reps will even tell you this. I would either go with a Envy 15m or Slingshot Turbine for my Lightwind Kite. Either one will get you out on days when most are still sitting on shore. Rode the Turbine and Envy 15m in 8mph winds with a Spleene Door or "The Battle Cruiser".

celly
Medium Poster

Postby celly » Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

I've heard nothing but good things about the envy but the price point is a bit out of my range being a student :S nrg seems to have everything im looking for to be able to develop as a kiter (still learning)... at an affordable price

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 pm

nickkites wrote:Hi bro we deal Liquid Force and the NRG isn't that great of a kite the Reps will even tell you this. I would either go with a Envy 15m or Slingshot Turbine for my Lightwind Kite. Either one will get you out on days when most are still sitting on shore. Rode the Turbine and Envy 15m in 8mph winds with a Spleene Door or "The Battle Cruiser".
Friend of mine traded his Envy 15m from 2011 for a NRG 16m 2012. He likes the NRG much better. I guess personal preference though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”