Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Forum for kitesurfers
SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dynabar V7 sizing, which one to get?

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

I have a ~35" waist and a V7. I agree that the large one would be better for the intended purpose, but, I found the larger bar to be too big to fit right. I tried both side by side and choose the smaller one.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 am

Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?
airpadrekiteboarding.com

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 am

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Kiteus Maximus wrote:Anyone know where in the US you can purchase the new Dynabar V7?
airpadrekiteboarding.com
Thanks.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 am

I checked out Air Padre but I am looking for the XT. Anyone know where you can purchase this in the US?

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can't remember his name. I too when for the larger one, but took the bar out, felt a bit mechanical, I only use the dynema and bungee, although my bungee is already showing some signs of wear where the bungee hooks into the hook, probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

Hit them up, http://www.321kiteboarding.com/

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 pm

pixelpedro wrote:I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can
I only use the dynema and bungee,
probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

YES --- 321 is where i got mine also ; Very COOL group of Guys !!!

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 am

Bille wrote:
pixelpedro wrote:I got mine at 321kiteboarding in Cocoa Beach. Very cool helpful guys there, can
probably cause it wasn't intended to be used like I use it, but feels much more natural.

I Also only use the dynema and Bungee ; I asked about that and was told it "IS" an acceptable application for this devise.

Works Very well, and i'm riding toe-side on a strapped surfboard with double prosthetic now, because of it !!

I've been thinking of getting the Dynabar.

When you both state that you use the bungee and "dyneema" - are you referring to the dyneema line that has the ring to attach a leash, or a second dyneema line used for "prorace slider"?

Thanks!

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Postby jaystore » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 am

oldkiter wrote:
Bille wrote:

When you both state that you use the bungee and "dyneema" - are you referring to the dyneema line that has the ring to attach a leash, or a second dyneema line used for "prorace slider"?

Thanks!
We try to help...
In the picture 1 you see a DYNABAR with 2 dyneema sliders, 1 is for the hook and 1 for the HP bungee leash. Front HP bungee leash attachment, compared to back attachment, is conceived to have more control of the kite if you loose the bar, plus you can turn both directions without positioning the bungee like you do when is attached to the back.

If you have only 1 dyneema like in picture 2 you can still attach HP bungee leash to the front, but if you rotate the hook will be pulled to one side.
Attachments
V7 full.png
DYNABAR V7 XT all.jpg

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

1,000 thumbs-up :thumb: : Bille[/quote]

Thanks![/quote]

We try to help...
In the picture 1 you see a DYNABAR with 2 dyneema sliders, 1 is for the hook and 1 for the HP bungee leash. Front HP bungee leash attachment, compared to back attachment, is conceived to have more control of the kite if you loose the bar, plus you can turn both directions without positioning the bungee like you do when is attached to the back.

If you have only 1 dyneema like in picture 2 you can still attach HP bungee leash to the front, but if you rotate the hook will be pulled to one side.[/quote]

Jaystore:

Thanks for the info.

So is picture 1 probably what pixelpedro and Billie are using?? The harness hook slides along both the black bungee and one dyneema line and then the kite leash is attached to the second (lower) dyneema line?? This is the "prorace" setup??

Return to “Kitesurfing”