Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Former World Junior Champ Pedro Henrique joins Best waveteam

Postby Toby » Fri May 25, 2012 8:25 am

Best News:

Former World Junior Champ Pedro Henrique joins BEST wave team

pedro_header_1.jpg
Just in time for the EDP Kite Surf Pro Cascais stop of the 2012 KSP Tour BEST announce the signing of former World Junior Surf Champion Pedro Henrique to their wave team.

Pedro has a background that is pure surf. Trained by his father from a very young age he quickly rose through the junior ranks to eventually capture the 2000 World Junior Championship crown at Makaha, Oahu beating Jamie O Brien and Tiago Pires in the final. Pedro followed up his junior title with several seasons on the ASP Tour following the waves and notching up some solid results against the rest of the world’s best pro-surfers.

Though he’s only been kiting for a couple of seasons Pedro is ready to take on the challenge of the KSP Tour. “The crossover between surfing and kitesurfing in the waves is obvious. For me it’s the perfect blend of power and control. A kite can put you in positions on a wave that simply aren’t possible with just the surfboard and the riding style is much more powerful as you can leverage the power of the kite to achieve maneuvers that just aren’t possible without the kite. I’m looking forward to the challenge of the KSP Tour, there are many riders who have much more experience than me riding a kite. I’m hoping that my focus, training and greater surf experience will help me fight my way to the top.”

Pedro will be joined on the BEST Wave Team this season by KSP event organizer Kristin Boese and Portuguese rider Nuno ‘Stru’. We wish them all the very best of luck.

For more information about the KSP World Championship Tour, please visit them on the web at KSP world tour, you can email them or follow the KSP on Facebook or on Twitter.

2012 KSP World Championship Tour Schedule
June 1 to 10 - Cascais, Portugal
September 7 to 16 - Le Morne, Mauritius
October 19 to 28 - West Coast, Ireland
November 29 to December 8 - Maui, Hawaii, USA

Return to “Kitesurfing”