Local Beach: Wilmington, NC USA
Style: unknown yet
Gear: Looking to pick some up
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to forum, help please

Postby redman333 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Please redman333 if you do not mind..let me know your weight and height

I volunteer to be your personal shopper :D

I will be glad to take a look at lot of good used gear out there available in continental US

No brand in particular will be suggested....just good stuff (kite/board) for your body type
...to make your learning curve easier and safe

................................ :surf: :sun: .......................................................................
Really, that would be phenomenal! I weigh 180lbs and range from 175-195 depending on whether I workout or not. My height is 5'11". I really appreciate this.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

I have not forgotten about you.....still researching :D

redman333
Medium Poster

Postby redman333 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:36 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I have not forgotten about you.....still researching :D
Did you get my pm

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 am

redman333 wrote:
Did you get my pm
Sorry did not get pm

redman333
Medium Poster

Postby redman333 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:28 am

SupaEZ wrote:
redman333 wrote:
Did you get my pm
Sorry did not get pm
Hmm I'll try again

redman333
Medium Poster

Postby redman333 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 am

Hey everyone. I had a small set back or change of plans depending on how you look at it.

My mom has had an issue with one of her eyes and she went to the doctor and had it checked out and they said she is now legally blind in her right eye. They said they can fix it with surgery but due to insurance companies seeing the only fix to all eye issues is either contacts or glasses anything else to them is cosmetic she will have to pay out of pocket. Total cost is right around $3,000. She was very depressed about this so told her that I would cover the costs of the surgery.

Now this pretty much eats up my whole budget for kiteboarding, at least for now. I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I can get back out there and take some lessons and hopefully pick up a kite and board.

I want to thank SupaEZ for al the help he has given me these past couple weeks. I've gained a ton of info. I will keep looking and hopefully will be back at this in a couple months or less.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:02 am

redman333 wrote:Hey everyone. I had a small set back or change of plans depending on how you look at it.

My mom has had an issue with one of her eyes and she went to the doctor and had it checked out and they said she is now legally blind in her right eye. They said they can fix it with surgery but due to insurance companies seeing the only fix to all eye issues is either contacts or glasses anything else to them is cosmetic she will have to pay out of pocket. Total cost is right around $3,000. She was very depressed about this so told her that I would cover the costs of the surgery.

Now this pretty much eats up my whole budget for kiteboarding, at least for now. I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I can get back out there and take some lessons and hopefully pick up a kite and board.

I want to thank SupaEZ for al the help he has given me these past couple weeks. I've gained a ton of info. I will keep looking and hopefully will be back at this in a couple months or less.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck, and kiteboarding will be there once you get your funds in order again. Good for you that you take responsibility.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 am

redman333 wrote:Hey everyone. I had a small set back or change of plans depending on how you look at it.

You are a very very good son
I was glad to help you
Sincerely SupaEZ the Kitesurfer and Optician :D

............................... :surf: :yourock: :sun: .....................................................

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 pm

That is def a :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

redman333
Medium Poster

Postby redman333 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 am

Ok for those were following this here's an update. I haven't disappeared however since I could not afford to get into the sport I chose not to be active here. Was easier that way lol. However I have been getting my money together. I have decided to go with new gear though. I know some of you here have said go with used since I will damage it but since I'm new to this I'd prefer gear that was new that way if I'm having issues riding I can be pretty confident it's my skills on not the gear.

With that said I placed an order at real on a 2012 liquid force 12m NRG kite. No bar and lines or board just the kite and pump. Haven't received it yet since FedEx wants to ship it all over the state except here to my house. I only about 4 hours from real watersports yet it's taking 5 days to get here. I got a pretty good deal on their Black Friday deals so I went ahead a purchased the kite. I will pick up the bar, lines and board probably in the spring once it warms up a little. If I get antsy I may grab my wetsuit and head to the outer banks earlier. I should have about $1500 by feb and that will go towards my bar lines and board. I was thinking I will pick up that stuff in the store. I wanted to by able to touch and feel the harness and board to see which I like. So I'll get that stuff there with the lessons. I probably won't do lessons from real but will pick up my gear there. I found longer lessons for the same price with jet ski lessons at a few other places in the OBX. Ill post some pics of my kite when it comes in, which according to FedEx is tomorrow.

I'm very excited to be taking my first step to kiteboarding bliss!!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”