*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Jamaica
Kamikuza wrote:
Oh, I suppose I should include the ankle that's been sore for a few months; leaning forward like you're doing a calf stretch is painful if I move to quickly - most of the time it's ok though. Really should get around to seeing the doctor I guess!



you really should , i'm always hesitant to go doc , right now my big right toe has felt sprained for 3 weeks and not getting better , my friend who's a doctor in training looked at it yesterday and thinking it was broken and isnt healing back properly :S:S :o

i was planning to rest for a month anyway , but all this 25-30 knot wind daily is killing me :( , and i found the most epic new spot to kite yesterday while on a site visit for work ...

whitehouse , Jamaica .. was blowing 25-30 knots :

Image


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Jamaica
serious question !

from experience, does applying white vinegar immediately to sea urchins in your feet etc. really get it out or dissolve it ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:32 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 1471
Location: Maryland USA
A helluva good learning lesson is available for those screwing around in the surf when the kite barely stays up.

Image

I was outside the impact zone .. kite fell just inside .. it caught a wave while I was attempting to get clear of the spaghetti. I had to swim in, gather my C'hit and drive 30 miles to the ER. Lesson learned.

Jim


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Posts: 3651
Location: Japan
Yeah that's a point. Sigh ...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29819
Location: World (KF Admin)
Toby wrote:
Few cuts here and there...mainly from kick flipping and throwing the board.

But most of the time soar muscles ;-)


and this is what happens to your cut if you don't disinfect your wound...grounded !!!


Attachments:
Foto.JPG
Foto.JPG [ 101.4 KIB | Viewed 636 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:22 am
Posts: 240
MattyRossJa wrote:
from experience, does applying white vinegar immediately to sea urchins in your feet etc. really get it out or dissolve it ?

Yes, but you have to be a bit patient, it's not a one-minute cure. Sea urchin spines are almost completely made from calcium. Just like vinegar will dissolve calcium buildup in a coffeemaker or in a showerhead, vinegar will dissolve sea urchin spines embedded in your skin.

Soak the area in a bowl of pure vinegar for as long as you have the patience for (half an hour or more). You will notice an effect within 20-30 minutes. Repeat once or twice a day, and the last of the urchin spines will be almost completely gone after 5-7 days.

If the sea urchin spine is embedded in an area that is awkward to soak in a bowl, do this: Before you go to sleep, fold up a piece of cloth or cotton compress and and soak it in vinegar. Place this over the affected area, put a layer of plastic on the outside, and seal this against your skin using tape. The vinegar solution will then be working on dissolving the spines while you sleep.

The vinegar might not be able to reach the most deeply embedded sections of urchin spine. However, those are usually quite thin and will normally dissolve by themselves eventually.

Yes, I'm talking from experience here. Anyhow, vinegar treatments for sea urchin spines is in fact described in the Merck Manual - this is old established medical practice.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Jamaica
Saami wrote:
MattyRossJa wrote:
from experience, does applying white vinegar immediately to sea urchins in your feet etc. really get it out or dissolve it ?

Yes, but you have to be a bit patient, it's not a one-minute cure. Sea urchin spines are almost completely made from calcium. Just like vinegar will dissolve calcium buildup in a coffeemaker or in a showerhead, vinegar will dissolve sea urchin spines embedded in your skin.

Soak the area in a bowl of pure vinegar for as long as you have the patience for (half an hour or more). You will notice an effect within 20-30 minutes. Repeat once or twice a day, and the last of the urchin spines will be almost completely gone after 5-7 days.

If the sea urchin spine is embedded in an area that is awkward to soak in a bowl, do this: Before you go to sleep, fold up a piece of cloth or cotton compress and and soak it in vinegar. Place this over the affected area, put a layer of plastic on the outside, and seal this against your skin using tape. The vinegar solution will then be working on dissolving the spines while you sleep.

The vinegar might not be able to reach the most deeply embedded sections of urchin spine. However, those are usually quite thin and will normally dissolve by themselves eventually.

Yes, I'm talking from experience here. Anyhow, vinegar treatments for sea urchin spines is in fact described in the Merck Manual - this is old established medical practice.



ok sweet man thanks , i tried this once on my hand , but after 45 mins of soaking it looked like my entire hand was about to dissolve away lol


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Jamaica
Toby wrote:
Toby wrote:
Few cuts here and there...mainly from kick flipping and throwing the board.

But most of the time soar muscles ;-)


and this is what happens to your cut if you don't disinfect your wound...grounded !!!

gross man ! that's your ankle ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29819
Location: World (KF Admin)
looks like it, no? :naughty:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: out for 3 weeks :(
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:54 am
Posts: 262
The worst thing I've hurt is my pride :o

One of those days where one of your mates has a Go Pro set up on the beach and you just can not land anything or even boost very well :(

Nasty looking injurys guys, hope the heal well.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dracop, Google [Bot], lollypop and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group