Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hadlow Freestyle MK2 - How do you think it will be?

Forum for kitesurfers
Random
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hadlow Freestyle MK2 - How do you think it will be?

Postby Random » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Just looking at photos of the board, does it only have one footstrap mount position?

dG
Rare Poster

Postby dG » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 am

I'm independent.

Absolutely love mine too (2011 - haven't had chance to try this year's yet). It took me a while to get to grips with it as it doesn't come with pads/straps and you have to find a combo that works. Since I've been riding got the "standard" setup of the Mystic straps and d30 pads it's sublime. Something I don't think anyone has mentioned so far is how amazing it is in chop. There are other stiffer boards with less rocker that pop harder but they can be hard work if you're not on butter flat water. The Hadlow does both brilliantly. If they've stiffened up the middle on the new one it could be even better...

Defo not one to put bindings on though as due to the amount of flex it has it can cause delams (was told that direct from Flexi). The Wakestyle board is for bindings.

The 2011 model were very hard to come by towards the end and I'm pretty sure from what I've been told by a retailer there are none left anywhere - he managed to get hold of one a few months ago, sold it immediately then had endless inquiries about it after word got around that he might have one.

I guess the one thing to note when you're trying to decide whether to believe the hype is that there are a few pro riders that are sponsored by OTHER brands using the Hadlow. I think that says it all.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:34 pm

The Flexifoil USA inquiry e-mail address just bounces back as no good.
Anybody know how to get in touch with Peter Trow? (Flexifoil USA guy for a long time)
Please PM me with an e-mail or phone if you have one.

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)

Postby pwnd550 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 am

Can anyone compare the Hadlow freestyle 2011 (or 2012) with the naish moneyshot 2012? I am hesitating between buying the Hadlow or the naish before next summer, but the naish seems less expensive on some websites. Is the naish a really good board?

Return to “Kitesurfing”