Gear: Kite: Slingshot Rev 11
Board: SU2
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to do - Blind Judg, front2b, back2b -

Postby kygen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 am

Hi!

I have done some raily2b now and i think i land like 75% of them, but still have hard time do them in som days.

But now i wanna go forward to the next step in unhooked riding with handle pass.

I got 2 questions:
1- if you hade done raily2blind, what was the next step(trix) for you, blindjudge, front2b, back2b. or somthing else?... i am looking for the easiest step forward..

2- is it wery dificult to go from r2b to blind judge, what is the important things to do different? All tips are wery welcome.

Good Winds! :thumb:

peet
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Airush Razor / Livewire / Cypher / Wave / Vantage
Shinn ADHD
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Airush / Shinn
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to do - Blind Judg, front2b, back2b -

Postby peet » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 am

After railey to blind, bj, f2b & b2b are all good next steps. I'd try them all - you'll probably find one of them much easier for you than the others. some ppl say b2b is easier than r2b, but i personally don't think so :)
Another good move is shifty to wrapped on the opposite tack to your r2b. The pop is different, but the rotation is the same direction as your r2b.
You can also try R2b on the opposite tack :)

Yeah, bj is a pretty big step up - lots more power and height than the r2b, but if you're young & ride in good wind conditions and really like to go for it, you may have success with it :) You may want to use an old kite, as it may get a hammering!

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 am

Actually a r2b is a blind judge! Stupid kiters renaming wake boarding tricks. Front to blind is pretty easy since your rotating in the same direction. Just make sure your kite is a kinda low on your landing or it pull you out of blind.

HendrikVdP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: cadzand-bad Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: kitebeach el gouna Egypt
Style: freestyle
Gear: north vegas '10 7m
north vegas '08 9&12m²
undergound flx 132

Postby HendrikVdP » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 am

TheJoe : from what i know a blind judge is a railey to blind with airpass .
so the diffrence between them is in when you pass the bar , after landing or in the air

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

To me b2b was the easiest of these, but nailed the f2b before that one. BJ airpass I found a bit harder. The f2b can also be easy, but depends...
For the b2b remember to go in a slower backroll with the board higher, then turn your head hard the opposite direction. Don´t complete the whole backroll, just half of it, otherwise you have a longer way back and will probably struggle a bit with the last turning of the board. And if you land the r2b, than this should be no problem. And this makes it easier to catch it in the air as well.
As for the f2b, be sure to get enough pop and height, makes it a lot easier. Go for the blind when you have completed the rotation. It´s makes it easier.
As for the BJ, you´ll need to go for the pass earlier. Get more pop, and pull in more, earlier and faster. Again turning the head might help, and pushing the bar down towards the hip a bit... But the most important is more height I would say...

Return to “Kitesurfing”