Brand Affiliation: Fishy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fishy Boards, A Unique Brand New Custom Board Company

Postby fishyboards » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Fishy Boards News:

Fishy Boards, A Unique Brand New Custom Board Company

Hey Kiters,

My name is Jordan and I'm starting a new board company with my friend Mike Pike that specializes in custom top-of-the-line kite, skim, and surfboards. The emphasis is on kiteboards though. We're currently very close to completing our R&D stage of board development and let me tell you they're coming out great! All our kiteboards come standard with a balsa core, epoxy resin, and a carbon fiber/fiberglass construction, and all our boards have the option of being completely custom. Looking for an amazing high-end board for a great price? Leading manufacturers all charge around 900+ dollars for any board with even a hint of carbon fiber on them, but not us. We can do close to half the price of other carbon boards AND make it custom to you.

Please check out our website, like us on facebook, and/or follow us on twitter to get all the latest updates. Board sales are starting very very soon!

www.fishyboards.com

www.facebook.com/fishyboards

www.twitter.com/fishyboards

P.S. We're giving away free shirts at every 100 "like" intervals on our facebook page. So like the page!
Attachments
Fishy_Pacu_Doorframe.jpg
Fishy_Pacu_Doorframe.jpg (100.53 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

Brock Landers
Rare Poster
Style: Sky high

Re: Fishy Boards, A Unique Brand New Custom Board Company

Postby Brock Landers » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Congrats bro. Looking forward to seeing some of your gear on the streets soon.

fishyboards
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cocoa Beach area Florida
Favorite Beaches: Fred Howard Park, Tarpon Springs, FL
Style: Wake
Gear: Slingshot, Liquid Force, and North kites on Fishy boards

Postby fishyboards » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks! We've put out a few prototypes and they've been awesome. We're so close! There's just a couple small details that need to be worked out. We're planning to be at a demo day in Cocoa Beach, FL on November 11th. It's not final yet but when it is we'll be posting on kiteforum and all over our site, facebook, and twitter.

Brock Landers
Rare Poster

Postby Brock Landers » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 am

My personal preference is for the lightest weight board possible. I currently ride a 2011 Nobile 2HD and I love this board. Super light and the flexibility of the tips allows for springy pop. I noticed a huge difference in the lack of surface tension when I would boost with my other boards versus the Nobile 2HD. My other boards always had a little bit of a suction effect as soon as I would leave the water. But because the Nobile 2HD has a large "waves" on the underside it dramatically reduces surface tension with the water. You can run your hand across the bottom from rail to rail and feel a wave pattern in the board. I'm guessing since it is not a completely flat surface this is what creates much less surface tension.

eloico
Medium Poster

Postby eloico » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

There is something fishy about those boards!... Do they smell?

:lol:

Not sure I like the name...

Eloico.

fishyboards
Rare Poster

Postby fishyboards » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 pm

No they don't smell, lol. Honestly you're the first person to tell us that. Most people say it's catchy and easy to remember. To each his own though :)

eloico
Medium Poster

Postby eloico » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I am not English native speaker, I thought "fishy" has got a negative meaning, but it seems that it is not always the case... :oops:

Good luck!

Brock Landers
Rare Poster

Postby Brock Landers » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 am

You actually have a point. To be honest the first time I heard the name I thought the same thing and I am American and yes the word "fishy" does have a negative meaning when used with describing things. Cool logo and design. If you used the scientific name for fish then you would be called Ichthyoid Boards.
eloico wrote:I am not English native speaker, I thought "fishy" has got a negative meaning, but it seems that it is not always the case... :oops:

Good luck!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 am

"There is something fishy about those boards!... Do they smell? " thought the same thing. Pay a branding company to come up with something -10 years down teh road with one of my brands i wish i had!

fishyboards
Rare Poster

Postby fishyboards » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Brock Landers wrote:You actually have a point. To be honest the first time I heard the name I thought the same thing and I am American and yes the word "fishy" does have a negative meaning when used with describing things. Cool logo and design. If you used the scientific name for fish then you would be called Ichthyoid Boards.
eloico wrote:I am not English native speaker, I thought "fishy" has got a negative meaning, but it seems that it is not always the case... :oops:

Good luck!
Thanks for the input guys. To be honest and in my defense, Fishy as a brand name may have a negative connotation to some people, but it's that same connotation that makes it catchy, funny, and easy to remember. Many brands have name that's easy to forget because it's so generic. Successful brands have names that you can't get out of your head. I have an Internet marketing expert on my side with the name. He loves it. Also, what's easier to remember, Fishy or ichthyoid?

Return to “Kitesurfing”