Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to choose a surfboard for kiting?

Forum for kitesurfers
mmunzer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to choose a surfboard for kiting?

Postby mmunzer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Interesting topic. I agree with the comments that you should get a lot of boards and try them all in different conditions, so that you really learn how to use them. However, in my situation and in many others, I don't get enough sessions on the water to do all that. Therefore, getting good advice from people who have tried a lot of gear is helpfull. And most of us don't get to ride big clean fast waves. Most of us ride small crappy waves with a lot of rough water.

Most people who talk about surf boards talk about perfect conditions, so it would be good to get some real recommendations of what to get.

/Marc

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:49 pm

A fish and a shortboar is a pretty good start. By the time your ready for a third you will know exactly what you want it to be.

JBD
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JBD » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:16 am

mmunzer wrote:Interesting topic. I agree with the comments that you should get a lot of boards and try them all in different conditions, so that you really learn how to use them. However, in my situation and in many others, I don't get enough sessions on the water to do all that. Therefore, getting good advice from people who have tried a lot of gear is helpfull. And most of us don't get to ride big clean fast waves. Most of us ride small crappy waves with a lot of rough water.

Most people who talk about surf boards talk about perfect conditions, so it would be good to get some real recommendations of what to get.

/Marc

The reality is that even the guys who get to ride big clean waves also spend a lot of time in the small crappy ones!

Return to “Kitesurfing”