All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ocean Beach
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm 
Medium Poster

I went to OB last Sunday ( did not even know they kite there) and decided to get some runs in . The waves did not look any worse than Maui so I figured it wouldn’t be that hard, but I was wrong . Couple of things that went wrong

1. Water was way too cold – it went right through my suit 4/3
2. Sun Glasses fog up so fast – I couldn’t see where I was going
3. I got going OK and got over the first couple of waves , but when I when over the churn – I went down every time
4. I have adjusted my back lines 1 knot out –so that the bar I nearer to me and easier on long rides, but in wave riding – do you want the kite as responsive as possible ( I had a Bandit 4 9M)

After 5 minutes, I was freezing and breathing so hard , I figured I would pack it up and come back another day when it’s warmer and wear another wetsuit top under my suit .
My question is “To ride that churn , Do I ride it with my board flat with my kite high as I go over it ? “ The nose of my board kept going under as I went over it . Any help on this appreciated. Best

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ocean Beach
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm 
Medium Poster

If you are talking about Ocean Beach, San Francisco, don't count on it getting any warmer.

Post subject: Re: Ocean Beach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 am 
Medium Poster

Yes . it was in SF . what suit thickness do you guys wear?

[ 3 posts ]