kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster
Gear: Whatever I find ;)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Switchblade 2013 vs Chaos

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Here is the deal.... I am going to get some new gear and I am between the Switchblade 2013 and the Chaos. I have atm the 2008 SB and I like them (very stable, park and ride, slow steering), however unhooking is a challenge as they pull like a train. Are the new 2013 SB any better?

If someone has tried these two kite it will be great if they let me know their thoughts. Thanks.

BB3
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Pierce, FL
Favorite Beaches: South Jetty In Fort Pierce and Matheson Hammock in Miami
Style: Freestyle and Straplesss
Gear: Cabrinha and Neil Pryde
Brand Affiliation: Work for Carbinha distribution

Re: Cabrinha Switchblade 2013 vs Chaos

Postby BB3 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey Kite Ripper.

I have tried both kites. I would recommend the Chaos to you if you are wanting a true hardcore Freestyle kite if you wanna dedicate to unhooked tricks like handle passes and kite loops. You give a bit of range going with the Chaos that you get with Switchblade. It is super easy to do handle passes with the Chaos compared to the switchblade
The Switchblade this year does have less bar pressure and does turn better then your 2008. It also boosts a lot better then the Chaos. You would need a nine and eleven chaos to cover the range of the ten SB.
They both are super stable in the air and crazy predictable.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any more detailed questions.
If you are curious I did get the Chaos not the SB

jteabird
Frequent Poster

Postby jteabird » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 pm

[quote="kitesurf-ripper"]Here is the deal.... I am going to get some new gear and I am between the Switchblade 2013 and the Chaos. I have atm the 2008 SB and I like them (very stable, park and ride, slow steering), however unhooking is a challenge as they pull like a train. Are the new 2013 SB any better?

If someone has tried these two kite it will be great if they let me know their thoughts. Thanks.[/quote

maybe your centerlines are stretched and the kite is oversheeted if its pulling to hard for your liking unhooked. Make sure your lines are equal, use the last knot on the outside lines (farthest from the kite) and depower the kite a bit while unhooking. that should help you alot. Try that before you spend 2,000 dollars on a new cabrinha kite. The 2013 switchblade is way,way different from the 2008 and you might not like it. Cabrinha is taking a gamble with the new switchblade as its way different. Dont buy the Chaos unless you try it first its also way different from your 2008 switchblade that you say you already like.

kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster
Gear: Whatever I find ;)

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 am

BB3, thanks for the good info. I think the SB will be better for me as I need the wind range and low end grunt given that I kite on gusty lake conditions. The wind tip shape on the new SB is looking rather different, is that making them fly differently.

jteabird, I have adjusted my lines and are all equal and of course I trip the kite before I unhook. Nevertheless thanks for the tips. I spoken with some people I know that have 11 or 12 SB and said that the new ones are better to unhook compare to the old ones that pulled like a train.

HarryCab
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee The Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara and Cumbuco
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 7 - 10 and Cabrinha Caliber

Postby HarryCab » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi,

I'am interested in the 2013 Switchblade and Chaos. Could somebody tell me more about the hangtime about both kites? I like hangtime and high jumps but I want to learn unhooked en maybe kiteloops. Now I have Crossbows '10 (7-10).

Regards,
Harry

Return to “Kitesurfing”