Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

KSP World Championship Tour announces new Tour-Manager

Postby Toby » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 pm

KSP News:

Terry McKenna signs with KSP

KSP World Championship Tour announces new Tour-Manager

Maui, HI — January 1, 2013: Just in time for its 3rd season, the KSP (Kite Surf Pro World
Championship Tour) today announces the signing of their new World Tour Manager Terry
McKenna. McKenna will take his new position with immediate effect, relieving former Tour
Manager Kristin Boese.

KSP President and Former KSP Tour Manager Kristin Boese states: “We could not be any more
excited to welcome Terry on board. With his passion and drive Terry will be an incredible fit to
the KSP crew and with his vast expertise will be a great asset to the tour. Having been a mentor
to me over the past two years, Terry has already influenced the KSP more than he may realize.
Taking over the tour management position I am certain he will now be able to steer the KSP
forward even further.”

Having started his career as a competitor on the IPS Surfing World Tour some 30 years ago,
McKenna has been involved in wave riding sports ever since. No matter if as a surfing coach,
event commentator, team manager, sports administrator or Lifestyle Reporter, McKenna has
shone in every challenge he was given.

Most recently however the Australian helmed the IBA (International Bodyboard Tour),
resurrecting the sport of bodyboarding by implementing modernistic formats and developing new
events around the globe. After steering the IBA (International Bodyboard Association) to new
heights during his 7-year rein from 2007 till 2012, McKenna has now signed a contract to become
the KSP World Tour manager.

When asked about his work with the IBA and his goals for the KSP, McKenna explains: “My work
with the IBA was a great challenge and the team we assembled was amazing. I am very proud
to have been a part of this evolution for the sport of Bodyboarding, but I needed a fresh start,
something that I could get passionate about again, and I have found this with the KSP World
Tour. It’s an amazing genre of wave riding and I can’t wait to work closely with all the crew at the
KSP.“

McKenna’s expertise in the field of event management & media will immensely help promote the
sport of kite surfing to the masses.

In 2012 the KSP World Championship Tour traveled to Portugal, Mauritius, Ireland and Maui,
following its mission to supply the world's top kite surfers with a series of events in prime
locations and to promote kiting surfing to mainstream media and the public.

Launched in 2011 by a core group of surf-focused riders, driven by passion and vision and
established as a grass-roots non-profit association, the KSP provides a professional platform
for both, established and aspiring kite surfers to showcase the pinnacle of high-performance
kite surfing in some of the world's best waves, enabling them to set the performance standard
for competitive kite surfing for years to come. Sanctioned by the IKA (International Kiteboarding
Association) and governed by the ISAF (International Sailing Federation) the KSP is the World
Championship Tour of kite surfing.

About KSP
The KSP (Kite Surf Pro e.V.) is the World Championship Tour of kite surfing, showcasing surfing
with a kite at its best in prime conditions aound the globe. Each KSP world championship tour
event features the world’s top 22 male and 11 female athletes as well as 2 male and 1 female
local wild card competitors. In massive waves and strong wind, competitors battle against each
other and the elements for the highly coveted KSP World Championship Title. KSP, a non-profit
endeavor, is the dedicated professional circuit for competitive kite surfing. The KSP is sanctioned
by the IKA (International Kiteboarding Association) and governed by ISAF (International Sailing
Federation).
Attachments
header_terry.png

Return to “Kitesurfing”