Forum for kitesurfers
kitewindunite
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Top Windsurfers said to take up Kiteboarding for Rio 201

Postby kitewindunite » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 am

tunceskite415 wrote:Van Rijsselberghe... Good luck chasing the clearing winds after the winter storms. Might want to head south to Mexico, Amigo!
Looks like he went to Squamish instead.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 am

A more realistic picture of Tom Squires level is probably the results in the racing with a world-class field in France. Also shows Ollie Bridge's level in that class of racing. There seem to be two fleets racing, so that can skew results if you are in the stronger or weaker fleet, so I guess they will bring the top qualifiers together at some stage to even that out.

Tom's going about it the right way - the way to get better faster is to race against the best opposition you can.

http://www.kitesurftour.eu/app/download ... 1348821390

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 am

yeah also shows that training at the venue pays off. good to see sam making it to the gold fleet in france.
Tone youve obvisiously been talking to james who moans about being beaten by any means.
what you should write is- Lee Harvey was unsure of what kites to take to the worlds and realising he had made the wrong choice changed to an unregistered 17 after race 2. no one protested so his result counted.
what i learnt from this is which quiver i will register at every event from now on and everyone else learnt that they should protest instead of moaning and that they need to practise more as the front 6 including steph are way ahead in the uk.
as it was simply a test event and didnt count for anything i did not retire and was actually in 4th until callum retired so didnt realise i would be 3rd until they called my name out at prize giving.

with all the moaning thats been done everyone better get reading the rule book as i could of protested 4 riders out during the event and will do from now on after being called a cheat amongst other things. what they should just admit is they are slower and need to train more to catch up instead of moaning!

welcome to racing everyone :roll:

bob10
Frequent Poster

Postby bob10 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 am

so you did cheat lee. along with the others who used unregistered kites.
and the race commitee should have protested you.

this is no different than going out on a proto board and "getting away with it". but surely the race committee should have protested this, and disqualified you and any other rider who was using unregistered kites.

leepasty
Frequent Poster
porthleven, Gwithian

Postby leepasty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Bob in sailing its called pushing the rules.
Do you call the 4 people who I had to take avoiding action to miss while on starboard, cheats? (1 guy even did it 3 times!)as they did not do any turns or did they just get away with it as i didn't protest them due to it only being a test event and not counting for anything which is why i changed kites, as for me it was a training event for the worlds.
and the race committee can not look at every kite being used, its up to the riders to police this by protesting. imagine how many staff it would take at the worlds with 230+ riders all with 3 kites registered and possibly a safety kite!!!!

you can read my write up on my blog http://www.leepasty.co.uk/blog.html
can tell you many stories of people pushing the rules from when i used to race dinghys if you want some time.
Kitesurfers have to get used to this now as protests will become a major part of racing. I once sat in a protest hearing for 22 hours and still lost after they decided I did my turns but not in a quick enough time after the incident :roll:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 pm

leepasty wrote:yeah also shows that training at the venue pays off. good to see sam making it to the gold fleet in france.
Tone youve obvisiously been talking to james who moans about being beaten by any means.
what you should write is- Lee Harvey was unsure of what kites to take to the worlds and realising he had made the wrong choice changed to an unregistered 17 after race 2. no one protested so his result counted.
what i learnt from this is which quiver i will register at every event from now on and everyone else learnt that they should protest instead of moaning and that they need to practise more as the front 6 including steph are way ahead in the uk.
as it was simply a test event and didnt count for anything i did not retire and was actually in 4th until callum retired so didnt realise i would be 3rd until they called my name out at prize giving.

with all the moaning thats been done everyone better get reading the rule book as i could of protested 4 riders out during the event and will do from now on after being called a cheat amongst other things. what they should just admit is they are slower and need to train more to catch up instead of moaning!

welcome to racing everyone :roll:

Lee if it wasn't for your gloat about "17 years in the making and back on form" or something like that people might not have been as riled by you.

Simply put, you used a kite that was not registered which gave you an unfair advantage. That is classed as cheating.

cheatingpresent participle of cheat (Verb)
Verb:
Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination: "she cheats at cards".
Deceive or trick.

Don't play the victim here "welcome to racing :roll: "

I am surprised no one protested but that doesn't make it right.

Calum was in the same boat and retired due to non standard kites or something.

+1 for Callum
-2 for Lee ( you lost one already for publicly berating me for some reason, isn't Karma a bitch?)

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:07 pm

rather than lashing out at me Lee you might want to look at who else was pissed off with your "mistake" there were PLENTY of people to choose from that have been vocal about what happened…. you wont pick out Rou, because you want coverage in his mag, ben because you are sharing a house with him at the worlds, any of the RSX converts... so i am the easy target and i am fine with that

despite all of that good luck with your training and have fun at the worlds.

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style

Postby prayfawind27 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:16 pm

and all this talk about 2016.... :lol:
Attachments
mayan-calendar-end-of-the-world-2012-countdown.jpg
mayan-calendar-end-of-the-world-2012-countdown.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 pm

You guys are a bunch of pathetic whiners. Quite entertaining thread to read though. :baby:

leepasty
Frequent Poster
porthleven, Gwithian

Postby leepasty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:36 pm

lets see how many protests at the next one. i for one will be protesting out any who infringe me from now on.
if you cant test things out at a test event then where can you do it?
James only mentioned you as you talk to more people and when i had to avoid you, you couldn't even see me so you were one of the ones i could of protested out.
lets leave it to speed on the water rather than moaning hey.
will say it again if anyone had protested would of retired but no one did and we did not expect a prizegiving, thought it was a meeting on if we were racing or not on sunday. even then i still thought i was 4th as no one knew Callum had retired.
i think its quite an achievement to place 3rd at an Olympic event 18 years after i won an RYA youth dinghy sailing event in Weymouth especially when the other 2 weren't even born then!
even if i should have been protested out
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”