All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: First kite race and loved it!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 am 
Frequent Poster

Just did my first kiteboarding race here in PNG and Friking loved it! I was way overpowered. 10m VX when I should have taken a 7m. Airush sector 52. It was a huge course against Hobie cats and we smoked them! I wanna do it again with a 7m kite and a sector 60!

If I find someone who took photos, then I'll post some!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: First kite race and loved it!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

WildDuke wrote:
Just did my first kiteboarding race here in PNG and Friking loved it! I was way overpowered. 10m VX when I should have taken a 7m. Airush sector 52. It was a huge course against Hobie cats and we smoked them! I wanna do it again with a 7m kite and a sector 60!

:thumb: :thumb: Nice. Great fun. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

WildDuke wrote:

:thumb: hobies are slow.....nice job!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Nice! How many racers?

I've been riding my raceboard alone for a year here in Virginia Beach, but this fall there will be at least 4 raceboards in the area! Still haven't raced anyone yet (one person just got back into town, one board is on order, and one person out of town :( )

If anyone in the DC/Annapolis area is looking to race come down to Virginia Beach this fall! We'll call it the mid-atlantic championship.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:24 am 
Very Frequent Poster

davesails7 wrote:
Nice! How many racers?

I've been riding my raceboard alone for a year here in Virginia Beach, but this fall there will be at least 4 raceboards in the area! Still haven't raced anyone yet (one person just got back into town, one board is on order, and one person out of town :( )

If anyone in the DC/Annapolis area is looking to race come down to Virginia Beach this fall! We'll call it the mid-atlantic championship.

Then you have something to look forward to. Racing with someone...even if it is not in a race just makes it 10 times more fun.

Btw we were discussing the Davesails roulette today after our race...got some possible takers. We gotta have a little less wind than today tho :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am 
Frequent Poster

WildDuke wrote:
Just did my first kiteboarding race here in PNG and Friking loved it!

In this case a lot of fun ahead of you.
I was delighted as you 3 years ago and still got a banana on my face even kiting alone.
In my mind there are some points at the racing when people crossing next levels of kiting heavens:
1. First well performed tack.
2. Riding miles with a friend being just inches from you.
3. First competition (even if you are on a bottom of result list)
4. Riding alone with GPS and crusing miles among a coast
5. Building own control system
6. Winning a competition at any level
7. Building a custom board according to your ideas (and winning on it :D )

So far my cream of the creams is to perform series of clear, fast jibes doing kiteloops on a 9m in overpowered wind at high sea. Speed of entry = speed of exit :o
It's racing nirvana...

I wonder to know why many riders doing freestyle or freeriding do not want to try the racing at all assuming that it must be boring.
In my country we've got a dozen of good racers, three dozens who tried and a couple of thousands riders watching the racing from a distance without a will to try.

[ 6 posts ]