All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Chaos 2015 low end
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:53 pm 
Rare Poster

With just a few exceptions kites low end is always declered as "amazing", "insane", and bla bla bla. But I find myself kitesurfing between 12 and 16 knowts, in this conditions it's really important to buy a kite with a good low end.

Being more pragmatic, what do you think about Chaos 2015 low end. I am 75 kg, riding joke wainman 41,5x138. I used to fly a 2011 convert 11m for years. How would you compare the Chaos to it? I remember 2013 was slightly "weak" in light wind compared to Convert. Did Cabrinha's guys made a real improvement in this field?

Thank guys.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Chaos 2015 low end
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:52 pm 
Medium Poster

I hear you and completely agree.
However I see you ride the Wainman joke (I do too) and due to the big rocker it's not a great board to ride in low wind conditions. You would be better off with a board with much less rocker.

As for the kite....haven't flown it so can't comment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:59 am 
Frequent Poster

I wouls get a 17m chaos for that wind... No seriously...get a 12 or 14m FX instead. Chaos has horrible low end.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:10 am 
Rare Poster

Joke has not been a Smart chiuse I perfectly agree. At least I am using the bigger size. I prefer yo stay around 12 maximum size since I do a lot of looping. I wonder why Cabrinha still doesn t do 12 Chaos.
I m sad to get away from Cabrinha. Amazing Construction, still the best in My opinion. FX Will probably be the choise even though I could give a try tothe drifter ('14 or '15) .I Heard it has good unhooking performance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

If your trying to loop and un-hook and want power the FX is your way to go. The drifter is a surf kite and you will be pretty disaapointed. The 13 chaos has the powet of a normal 11m, the 11m has the power of a normal 9m... I have been foiling on an 8m and a buddy could not stay upwind on his chaos 13. I also have been on a 12m GTs3 and he could not stay upwind on his 13 chaos. We were using similar boards and are similar weights. The 12 FX is a sick wakestyle kite the loops good, un-hooks good and has decent power

[ 5 posts ]