All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Airush Sector 52 - suggest me a good kite for it....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

At 20knts the sector and a 9m rocks. It is a great light wind board and at first that was all I used it for. But when the wind picks up it gets really fun. Super fast and you can control it just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:56 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I was riding my 9m edge and sector this weekend in 20-28knt. Just because it is a big board doesn't mean you can't control it in high wind. However I did have one time where I was hauling ass and couldn't slow down. Had to jump off before I got too close too land.

Overall though I like this board in high wind. I don't really see it as a light wind board although it does excel in light wind. I see it more as a high performance board. Super fast, boost is is scary, incredible upwind. I prefer it when it is strong wind. That means faster downwind reaches.

I would say the 9m/13m edge would be perfect for this board. The rrd obsession would work well too from what many say about that kite.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:28 am 
Rare Poster

Thanks for sharing, Coleman !
I had similar experience yesterday with my recently purchased second hand Epic Screamer 2010 9m in strong 15-25 knots wind. I rode with 4 surf fins and boy, did I have a blast , toe side broad reaching with powered carves back to heel side were awesome , my first time on sector 52 with a 9m and everything was perfect. I could not managed to,get far upwind but I held my ground even though I did multiple carved jibes , probably due to small surf fins, one thing I learned is the edging against is not a good idea, riding flat with one hand on bar, depower on all the way was how I managed to not get wiped .
So I guess I found my high wind kite - epic Screamer !

Today had unsusceful attempt with the same kite , much liter wind and very gusty, did manage to get going on 9m pretty fast , but once stopped m kite dropped out of the sky, back stalled and I swam back. Got out on my 12m lithium and and put back two stock fins in front and kept back surf, found the board wobbly , my foots traps were loose a bit too and it was extremely choppy. Still don't know what to think of the fins combos , I guess it's either stock 4 or all surf but no mixing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yuko,
Nice to get some feedback on diff fin combos. I have only used it with the v1 fin config.

Def will go upwind better on the original fins but will carve better with surf fins. I am contemplating the 60. My friend said the 52 is squirley in comparison. 60 apparently is just as quick through the water but much more stable.

The only thing I am missing about this board is high speed carving. It leads me to wonder about the new 54. I want to do some comparisons.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2