Forum for kitesurfers
smokedvw
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to live, kite and party Centra/South America Nov-March

Postby smokedvw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm looking to move somewhere in Central or South America from Nov - March. It could be split between 2 places depending on the travel distances.

I spent my summer in Portugal outside Lisbon kitesurfing and though it was fun the main drawback was you needed a car for everything and there was no partying in the area near the beach. Since we lived near the beach if you wanted to do anything but kite you had to drive.

I want to hopefully find somewhere where I can live, party and kitesurf. The partying is a big part of what I was missing in this summer. Though I would take weekend trips to go off and party I would really like to have an area which is visited by backpackers or international people so there is always a party going on. I traveled South East Asia for 5 months and if there is a place like Kuta, in Bali for surfers but for kiteboarders somewhere in Central/South America that sounds awesome. You can drive a scooter to the spot, party the nights away and do it all over again. Or Koh Tao but instead of for diving for kiting.

My main requirements are:
- ~4 days a week to be able to kite with 15+ knots
- Preferably access to 2 spots, one flat water one with waves
- Cheapish accommodation and living expenses / access to the internet for work
- Influx of international people (backpackers would be perfect)
- Party / Beach vibe location ... a place where it doesnt matter the night there is always something to do

I currently only speak English and very bad Spanish but I plan to learn Spanish since I will be traveling around South America for a year after this so if its a native Spanish speaking location that would be a plus but not required.

Please let me know your thoughts as I am very interested in peoples opinions.

Thanks in advance :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”