Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Dan Glyaire » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 am

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 am

....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!
Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby McAbe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 am

Dimitri M wrote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!
Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.
Yes it was different, that why he is saying he did not do a dimitri.
But who knows maybe he will do a dinitri if he tries again, hope he is clever than that.

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 am

Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?

aircatcher
Frequent Poster

Postby aircatcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 am

harppa wrote:Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?
They know kiteboarding very well and they know where you're heading to.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am

bsideindy wrote:stupid. he barely cleared it.
No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style

Postby prayfawind27 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

with surf conditions like that, it should illegal to use a twin tip.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am

FredBGG wrote:
No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....

Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm

plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:
No.... really stupid.

Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:
No.... really stupid.

Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.

Return to “Kitesurfing”