Crazy Jump over bridge

Forum for kitesurfers
Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Dan Glyaire » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:07 am

wow, that was awesome, thanks for sharing.
:thumb:

bullet
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ainsdale
Favorite Beaches: ainsdale
Style: landboard freestyle
Gear: peter lynn aero
CKB board
Brand Affiliation: PETER LYNN KITEBOARDING

Postby bullet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:27 am

pure luck.

looks like the nxt pier jump video we see might be a fail.

if you havent got the skill set dont try it!!!!!!!!!

aircatcher
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby aircatcher » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
bsideindy wrote:stupid. he barely cleared it.
100% agreed..Man with no mind but a lot of balls is at least STUPID
Na,no skills here,this pure lucky guy is simply stupid if this video is authentic,i would call it skillful only if he make it 10 out of 10 trials,but for sure he'll be dead along the way.So it's a matter of perception and experiences,some will glorify this but i say this is pure stupid and lack of wind experiences.

zloilyoha
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skadovsk
Favorite Beaches: Karzhyny Skadovsk, Cape Town SA
Style: free
Gear: slingshot, ozone, core

Postby zloilyoha » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

as i allready wrote at the youtube:

This race will over with somebodies death. One death for one idiot and one ban for kitesurfing in that area for all kiters.
Thanks to Creator he is alive! The height was critical.
It was realy stupid dicision to made those lucky jump.

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:21 pm

I dunno...by definition, the guy did have the skills to do it - because he did do it.

If you look him up, you'll see him doing raleys to blind 5 years ago - and carrying good speed blind. And some decent handle passes. And a competition result or two.

Not for me to judge me thinks...just because you're not the best guy on the block doesn't mean you're not allowed to do silly stunts. You just have a higher risk, but that's his call, not mine (or anybody else's).

Freedom of choice, living life and all that....

aircatcher
Frequent Poster

Postby aircatcher » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:04 pm

...like i said 10 success out of 10 trials (or maybe even more than 10 trials will need) to warrant a true authentic skill if you understand stat. and probability...but for sure it's sad to see another senseless stupid death,enough said for this pure stupidity and of course the world always have all kind of different level opinions.Some will take calculated risks,but this one is not.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 pm

It looks to me as though he does a couple of run ins and doesn't get the right wave speed combo so he pulls pin. then he goes for it... only just makes it . But he does make it and also land it which something Crathern didn't do.

So he he has skill.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm

plummet wrote:It looks to me as though he does a couple of run ins and doesn't get the right wave speed combo so he pulls pin. then he goes for it... only just makes it . But he does make it and also land it which something Crathern didn't do.

So he he has skill.
You're an idiot then.

You didn't see any of the runs that Lewis made... Lewis cleared it by a BIG distance.

This guy is a chump who was only able to luck it over the pier... it was half the height of Brighton Pier and he BARELY made it.

When was the last time you made a 20-25m jump and nailed the landing?

This forum is breeding fools.

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Tone wrote:
plummet wrote:It looks to me as though he does a couple of run ins and doesn't get the right wave speed combo so he pulls pin. then he goes for it... only just makes it . But he does make it and also land it which something Crathern didn't do.

So he he has skill.
You're an idiot then.

You didn't see any of the runs that Lewis made... Lewis cleared it by a BIG distance.

This guy is a chump who was only able to luck it over the pier... it was half the height of Brighton Pier and he BARELY made it.

It just amazes me how much people on this forum know about somebody who they know nothing about...

That aside, even if he is a chump (I don't know because I don't know him), chumps are allowed to have their fun too. And if this is him maxing out in chump world, well good on him for pushing his limits...if his level is way lower than lewis, then what he acheived is equally as impressive (think paralympics). And if he wants to do something dangerous, his choice not ours.

Its all good fun....great athletes hurt themselves, not so great ones do too. We all have fun - and its good for all of us to push our limits.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Tone wrote:

So he he has skill.
You're an idiot then.

I'm an idiot because i state this guy has skill? why? he clearly has enough skill to jump over a peir and land on the otherside without crashing. Jumping over something solid requires balls and significantly more skill than just laying down a big jump. that is easy. timing the jump in the right spot to clear the object is skillfull..

How many hard objects have you jumped over Tone? I wonder how many all the other haters in this thread have jumped over?

I didn't say it wasn't stupid. clearly it is stupid. But he does have skill.

Ps I regularily jump objects. nothing as silly as this. but i do jump over boulders when landboarding. Stuff the timing up even the slightest and it can go very wrong very quickly. So i guess i have an apreciation on clearing hard objects and landing smoothly.

PsS Never said Lewis wasn't skillfull. But in my book if you crash land then it isn't counted as a completed. you failed at landing it. call me harsh. but those are my internal rules. take a freestyle motocross comp. you can do as many backflips as you like but if you don't stick the landing it counts for nothing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”