*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:11 pm
Posts: 337


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 3914
Location: OUTER BANKS (NC) USA. Owner of EPICKITES
Quote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 287
Dimitri M wrote:
Quote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.

Yes it was different, that why he is saying he did not do a dimitri.
But who knows maybe he will do a dinitri if he tries again, hope he is clever than that.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 127
Location: Finland
Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:49 am
Posts: 305
harppa wrote:
Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?


They know kiteboarding very well and they know where you're heading to.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 am
Posts: 3066
Location: Malibu
bsideindy wrote:
stupid. he barely cleared it.


No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....



Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 994
Location: Nassau,Bahamas
with surf conditions like that, it should illegal to use a twin tip.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: The Naki
FredBGG wrote:
bsideindy wrote:
stupid. he barely cleared it.


No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....



Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 56
plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:
bsideindy wrote:
stupid. he barely cleared it.


No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....



Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1403
plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:
bsideindy wrote:
stupid. he barely cleared it.


No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....



Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!


Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlterEgo, Bing [Bot], fourperf, njrider, Yahoo [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group