Kiting since: 2000

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Dan Glyaire » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 am

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 10/12/14 for Free Style
RENEGADE 7/9 for Wave riding. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 40+ for the waves.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 am

....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby McAbe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 am

Dimitri M wrote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.

Yes it was different, that why he is saying he did not do a dimitri.
But who knows maybe he will do a dinitri if he tries again, hope he is clever than that.

harppa
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Best TS, Roca, Kahoona
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Best, ION, Peter Lynn, Brunotti, Nobile, SP-United and CTRL Wake.

Postby harppa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 am

Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?

aircatcher
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004

Postby aircatcher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 am

harppa wrote:Jump a bad ass pier and land it. And first thing it hits online you get a page full of shit.
WTF dudes?

They know kiteboarding very well and they know where you're heading to.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:10 am

bsideindy wrote:stupid. he barely cleared it.

No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style

Postby prayfawind27 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

with surf conditions like that, it should illegal to use a twin tip.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Postby plummet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am

FredBGG wrote:

No.... really stupid.

Not only does he not clear the bridge with enough margin, he is also dangling pendulum style.

Why do a lame yet dangerous 20ft jump when you could do a humungous jumpus 3 times higher, but without splattering your teeth against a bridge....

Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!

knotmyfault
Medium Poster

Postby knotmyfault » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm

plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:

No.... really stupid.

Hehe. You show a vid of a guy way over powered who gets lofted then crash lands then gets lofted again then pulls the safety. Whats more theres mirco bursts in the back ground that will spike the wind speed even further. That is also pretty darn stupid! and by no way showing somebody in full control.

If you going to make a point at least show a vid of huge air which is actually landed!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm

plummet wrote:
FredBGG wrote:

No.... really stupid.

Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.

Return to “Kitesurfing”