Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Crazy Jump over bridge

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:18 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Quebec
Contact:

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby jumarcil » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm

What is it with this post ???

a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it

Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???

honestly I think that it took a lot of balls to pull this off :o . Could have killed himself but that was his choice.

people here are fast on the trigger when it's time to lay down a judgment on what is wrong, right, stupid etc...

my 2 cents

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Tone » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm

jumarcil wrote:What is it with this post ???

a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it

Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???

honestly I think that it took a lot of balls to pull this off :o . Could have killed himself but that was his choice.

people here are fast on the trigger when it's time to lay down a judgment on what is wrong, right, stupid etc...

my 2 cents


welcome to the internet.

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby edt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

jumarcil wrote:What is it with this post ??? a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???



Not really. There are a lot of kooks and noobs out there who think jumping a pier is cool. When we ridicule this pier jump consider it medicine. It's not about taking the piss out of this guy. It's about sending a warning to those who (inevitably) will imitate him.

When the kooks and noobs see only scorn for a pier jump, they will understand if they jump a pier and post a video, there will not come accolades and approval merely scorn.

And that is good.

Sure jump a pier. Do it for yourself because you want to. But don't take a video, post it on the internet and expect applause.

kitewindunite
Medium Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:26 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby kitewindunite » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm

edt wrote:Sure jump a pier. Do it for yourself because you want to. But don't take a video, post it on the internet and expect applause.

+1

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby plummet » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Tone wrote:
Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.


ok so he intends to jump. jumps too close to riders down wind (dangerous), is still kiting in storm conditions over powered (dangerous), and doesn't have his chicken loop hooked in properly (dangerous). Still a bad representation of a well controlled big jump.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Tone » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm

plummet wrote:
Tone wrote:
Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.


ok so he intends to jump. jumps too close to riders down wind (dangerous), is still kiting in storm conditions over powered (dangerous), and doesn't have his chicken loop hooked in properly (dangerous). Still a bad representation of a well controlled big jump.


fair point.

how about this

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby plummet » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 pm

But it doesn't show him landing it! which most likely means he crash landed! Nice jump though!

stig31
Rare Poster
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm
Kiting since: 7
Gear: Flexifoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby stig31 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.


I disagree look at the vid of the person filming from Brighton pier he clears it by a good distance

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3897
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby edt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 pm

plummet wrote:But it doesn't show him landing it! which most likely means he crash landed! Nice jump though!


if you saw ep 3 from season 2 (it's online) that particular section of the video (starting at 5 minutes 30 seconds) was a stylistic thing. They showed one single launch and then jump after jump with just the middle section, then another launch and 5 or 6 middle sections, just the big air part, and then maybe one or two landings, not because he couldn't land any of the jumps, but it was just how the editor wanted the video to look.

Great video. Pure joy at doing a bunch of vanilla big air jumps. No tricks, nothing fancy just fun. Love it. One of the best wakestyle riders in the world getting the same stoke that a beginner gets out of a jump.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1852
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Crazy Jump over bridge

Postby Tone » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm

plummet wrote:But it doesn't show him landing it! which most likely means he crash landed! Nice jump though!


Judging by how he was coming down, I reckon he landed it either way he would have been able to clear the whitehouse with that punt! that is someone who CAN jump stuff... the original guy? another Kevin who tried to kite in a hurricane.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jeromeL, windeze and 17 guests