All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy Jump over bridge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm 
Frequent Poster

What is it with this post ???

a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it

Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???

honestly I think that it took a lot of balls to pull this off :o . Could have killed himself but that was his choice.

people here are fast on the trigger when it's time to lay down a judgment on what is wrong, right, stupid etc...

my 2 cents

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jumarcil wrote:
What is it with this post ???

a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it

Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???

honestly I think that it took a lot of balls to pull this off :o . Could have killed himself but that was his choice.

people here are fast on the trigger when it's time to lay down a judgment on what is wrong, right, stupid etc...

my 2 cents

welcome to the internet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jumarcil wrote:
What is it with this post ??? a guy shot a video of a guy jumping over a bridge; he jumped; barely cleared it... but he did and he also landed it.... end of it Cant you guys just let him enjoy it ???

Not really. There are a lot of kooks and noobs out there who think jumping a pier is cool. When we ridicule this pier jump consider it medicine. It's not about taking the piss out of this guy. It's about sending a warning to those who (inevitably) will imitate him.

When the kooks and noobs see only scorn for a pier jump, they will understand if they jump a pier and post a video, there will not come accolades and approval merely scorn.

And that is good.

Sure jump a pier. Do it for yourself because you want to. But don't take a video, post it on the internet and expect applause.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm 
Medium Poster

edt wrote:
Sure jump a pier. Do it for yourself because you want to. But don't take a video, post it on the internet and expect applause.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Tone wrote:

Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.

ok so he intends to jump. jumps too close to riders down wind (dangerous), is still kiting in storm conditions over powered (dangerous), and doesn't have his chicken loop hooked in properly (dangerous). Still a bad representation of a well controlled big jump.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

plummet wrote:
Tone wrote:

Mr or Mrs Plummet.

For starters, that jump by Eddie was planned, he sent the kite for starters... secondly the second jump was to clear windsurfers that he landed too close to. The reason the kite went to leash is that he didn't have the donkey dick/Chicken bone in place and came unhooked when he overflew the kite.

if you are going to make a point at least know the history of the video and what actually happened.

ok so he intends to jump. jumps too close to riders down wind (dangerous), is still kiting in storm conditions over powered (dangerous), and doesn't have his chicken loop hooked in properly (dangerous). Still a bad representation of a well controlled big jump.

fair point.

how about this

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

But it doesn't show him landing it! which most likely means he crash landed! Nice jump though!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 pm 
Rare Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
Quote:
....He was lucky he didn't do a Dimitri!

Hello Mr. Tone
My accident was totally different. I was getting paid for a soft drink commercial. If you see the video, I did clear the roof of the house 4 times but the 5th time was not a good one. So I've learned my dues and this is the reason why that even now if I do a stunt that is dangerous I will do it only 3 times max.
Concerning this kiter "Lewis" jumping the pier....He got very lucky clearing it. As you can see from the video, he barely made it over the ramp. Can you imagine if he wouldn't of made it!!!!!! That would of been worse then my accident.

I disagree look at the vid of the person filming from Brighton pier he clears it by a good distance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

plummet wrote:
But it doesn't show him landing it! which most likely means he crash landed! Nice jump though!

if you saw ep 3 from season 2 (it's online) that particular section of the video (starting at 5 minutes 30 seconds) was a stylistic thing. They showed one single launch and then jump after jump with just the middle section, then another launch and 5 or 6 middle sections, just the big air part, and then maybe one or two landings, not because he couldn't land any of the jumps, but it was just how the editor wanted the video to look.

Great video. Pure joy at doing a bunch of vanilla big air jumps. No tricks, nothing fancy just fun. Love it. One of the best wakestyle riders in the world getting the same stoke that a beginner gets out of a jump.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

plummet wrote:

Judging by how he was coming down, I reckon he landed it either way he would have been able to clear the whitehouse with that punt! that is someone who CAN jump stuff... the original guy? another Kevin who tried to kite in a hurricane.

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next