Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Final day at the Mini KTE Sylt

Postby Toby » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 am

KTE News:

Final day at the Mini KTE Sylt

Today brought yet another sunny day with record attendance, the MINI Kitesurf Cup Sylt 2013 has come to the end. During the past few days around 110,000 visitors cheered for Europe's best kite surfers and were once again rewarded with an exciting race, on the last day.

The big winner of the day is Maxime Nocher from France. In the last race of the event, he was able to prevail and thus secure the overall win in Sylt against the leading Maks Zakowski (POL). Third was the Frenchman Olivier Dansin. Florian Gruber from Garmisch-Partenkirchen landed in fourth place. He had big problems with his Achilles tendon during the entire competition. That he was still able to reach fourth place, proves his fighting spirit. And he is already thinking about the next race. "I will go easy on myself for a week now, to be able to give it everything again this weekend in Warnemünde at the next race for the German championship," he said after the ceremony.
image.jpg
image.jpg (15.46 KiB) Viewed 1114 times
For the women Aga Grzymska (POL) and Christine Bönniger (GER) had fantastic day. Time and again they were able to race in front of the leader Katja Roose (NED) . But in the end it was not enough to secure the top position. So Katja Roose (NED) wins the MINI Kitesurf Cup Sylt 2013. Following her in second Aga Grzymska and third spot Christine Bönniger. Speaking with Christine Bönniger after the ceremony, she said “ It's great to win in front of my home crowd. Mainly because I wrote my master's thesis in winter and thus had a training deficit. Due to this I am particularly pleased about 3rd place."

The freestyle division could not start today, which means that Mario Rodwald (GER) and Sabrina Lutz (GER) lead in the championship standings of the MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe.

Return to “Kitesurfing”