Just did my first kiteboarding race here in PNG and Friking loved it!
In this case a lot of fun ahead of you.
I was delighted as you 3 years ago and still got a banana on my face even kiting alone.
In my mind there are some points at the racing when people crossing next levels of kiting heavens:
1. First well performed tack.
2. Riding miles with a friend being just inches from you.
3. First competition (even if you are on a bottom of result list)
4. Riding alone with GPS and crusing miles among a coast
5. Building own control system
6. Winning a competition at any level
7. Building a custom board according to your ideas (and winning on it
So far my cream of the creams is to perform series of clear, fast jibes doing kiteloops on a 9m in overpowered wind at high sea. Speed of entry = speed of exit
It's racing nirvana...
I wonder to know why many riders doing freestyle or freeriding do not want to try the racing at all assuming that it must be boring.
In my country we've got a dozen of good racers, three dozens who tried and a couple of thousands riders watching the racing from a distance without a will to try.