Favorite Beaches: Gorge, La Ventana, Progreso, Maui, SandBar
Style: freestyle, Kiteracing
Gear: Slingshot RPM, Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best race board out?

Postby kinchencool » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 am

Im wondering wich is the best raceboard out in the market, i would think maybe mikes lab 70 or the CR 69? maybe even RRD krace im courious because i want to buy a raceboard so any suggest?
Thanks.

Bradn
Medium Poster
Style: Race
Gear: Ozone R1 V2, Custom race foil

Re: Best race board out?

Postby Bradn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 am

I ended up with ordering the rrd, tough choice between rrd and temavento, but the rrd was cheaper, seems very little difference, I have also not heard nothing bad about them
Attachments
6835961657_357a19a5ab_b.jpg

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 am

Four boards are consistently winning

Mikes Lab
Temavento
North Aguera

take your pick...

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:44 am

Bradn wrote: but the rrd was cheaper, seems very little difference, I have also not heard nothing bad about them
Nothing bad - that's true but this board is much more technical than any other from 2012. She requires a precise driving. She is much demanding especially in high winds. You will feel more tired after 2 hours riding on it than on any other board from this season. However it's a good board for light winds but I would not highly recommend it.
I heard from one of a test riders that new K-rapida is a different beast - smooth, fast, easy to ride and forgiving. She should be available very soon, so I would recommend to wait for the latest realese from RRD.
Talking about the main topic: there is no answer which board is the best. It's easier to point out this season which one is the worst :wink:
I'm afraid you are not going to see any answers in such tittled topic. It's like asking which car is the best.
And winning does not mean all.
Put top riders on 2 years old boards and they are going to be still in the top in any competition.

Bradn
Medium Poster
Style: Race
Gear: Ozone R1 V2, Custom race foil

Postby Bradn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:13 pm

BraCuru wrote:
Bradn wrote: but the rrd was cheaper, seems very little difference, I have also not heard nothing bad about them
Nothing bad - that's true but this board is much more technical than any other from 2012. She requires a precise driving. She is much demanding especially in high winds. You will feel more tired after 2 hours riding on it than on any other board from this season. However it's a good board for light winds but I would not highly recommend it.
I heard from one of a test riders that new K-rapida is a different beast - smooth, fast, easy to ride and forgiving. She should be available very soon, so I would recommend to wait for the latest realese from RRD.
Talking about the main topic: there is no answer which board is the best. It's easier to point out this season which one is the worst :wink:
I'm afraid you are not going to see any answers in such tittled topic. It's like asking which car is the best.
And winning does not mean all.
Put top riders on 2 years old boards and they are going to be still in the top in any competition.
Ahhh Damn! I could not find any info on the K-Rapida before ordering, what are the differences? larger volume, fins centred more?

Can't be any worse than the 2011 aguera I have been riding, the fins are just a few cm off the edge and on reach it is not very forgiving. )=

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am

k- rapida is rumored to be out in time for the worlds, well 25 will be. as for looks, try here, www.mikeslab.com

kinchencool
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Bucerias, nuevo vallarta,
Favorite Beaches: Gorge, La Ventana, Progreso, Maui, SandBar
Style: freestyle, Kiteracing
Gear: Slingshot RPM, Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kinchencool » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:02 pm

james wrote:k- rapida is rumored to be out in time for the worlds, well 25 will be. as for looks, try here, www.mikeslab.com
Is Kerneur using it for the Europeans or only worlds?
do you think that the K racce is competitive board to get?

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm

no, K-race nickname "jellybean". its really not a bad board but its just enough off the performance of all the other boards to make it not competitive. i have seen guys go really well on them but these guys are not your average Joe's. Also seen these boards on a downwind tear looks like one of its advantages.

Return to “Kitesurfing”