Forum for kitesurfers
Twin-Fin
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Does she/he break your balls?

Postby Twin-Fin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:48 pm

At the time my wife told me that I had better find a hobby soon. She told me that when she and my daughter start to cycle together my life will be a living Hell! Soon after that conversation I found the sport to Kite Surfing. So much fun, and progression, kind of like a drug. When we went on vacation together is was just hanging out on the beach getting sun burned. Screw that I wanted to be active and do something. We started taking separate vacations I went kiting all over the place by myself and my friends. She always refered to it as "Stupid Kite Boarding". :nono:
Every time I would get on Kite forum she would give me shit about it saying "So whats going with your Stupid Kite Boarding friends.

Well on July 10th after 16 yrs of marriage she gave me an ultimatum: either I change (i.e. quite kite boarding) or we are getting a divorce......

I am currently single and living by myself and have been getting it really good at the coast lately. :thumb:

During one of our last conversations she said "If it wasnt for stupid Kite Boarding we would still be together"

:rollgrin: She just does not get it :rollgrin:

nobby raish
Medium Poster
Local Beach: oregon
Favorite Beaches: windy ones
Style: old school
Gear: old

Postby nobby raish » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:41 pm

^^^^ :thumb:
Your stupid kiteboarding friends approve this message.

kitejunkie
Rare Poster

Postby kitejunkie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Wife calls me at the office when she notices it is getting windy or she sees kites up at the beach. No ball breaking here. My vacations are all about kiteboarding and she is happy to read a book on the beach talk to the other kite wives.

Vacation Tip... find a great beach chair the she loves and pack the perfect cooler with food, cocktails, her favorite beer, etc. Bonus tip... those little champagne bottles and hours-devours can usually get you a late evening session and laid if the beach empties out. A couple of jugs of water to rinse off the salt and sand so she can stop at the little shops on the way back to the hotel and not feel too sandy and sticky trying on cloths. Then you can suggest a drink and laid back beach bar dinner. Cuz I f'ing hate going back to the hotel to clean up and go to dinner. I just want to clean up go to bed so i can kite again the next day.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Twin-Fin wrote:At the time my wife told me that I had better find a hobby soon. She told me that when she and my daughter start to cycle together my life will be a living Hell! Soon after that conversation I found the sport to Kite Surfing. So much fun, and progression, kind of like a drug. When we went on vacation together is was just hanging out on the beach getting sun burned. Screw that I wanted to be active and do something. We started taking separate vacations I went kiting all over the place by myself and my friends. She always refered to it as "Stupid Kite Boarding". :nono:
Every time I would get on Kite forum she would give me shit about it saying "So whats going with your Stupid Kite Boarding friends.

Well on July 10th after 16 yrs of marriage she gave me an ultimatum: either I change (i.e. quite kite boarding) or we are getting a divorce......

I am currently single and living by myself and have been getting it really good at the coast lately. :thumb:

During one of our last conversations she said "If it wasnt for stupid Kite Boarding we would still be together"

good on ya mate! yourve got your priorities right!

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Twin-Fin wrote:At the time my wife told me that I had better find a hobby soon. She told me that when she and my daughter start to cycle together my life will be a living Hell! Soon after that conversation I found the sport to Kite Surfing. So much fun, and progression, kind of like a drug. When we went on vacation together is was just hanging out on the beach getting sun burned. Screw that I wanted to be active and do something. We started taking separate vacations I went kiting all over the place by myself and my friends. She always refered to it as "Stupid Kite Boarding". :nono:

That's a really sad story.

I expect (hope) there's a lot more to this than kitesurfing...good luck with everything.

dorothyinstead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Caloundra, Happy Valley.
Favorite Beaches: Bulcock Beach @ Happy Valley in Caloundra
Style: Freestyle

Postby dorothyinstead » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Jono 111 wrote:

That's a really sad story.

I expect (hope) there's a lot more to this than kitesurfing...good luck with everything.
I too am sorry to hear that, and also agree there is more to the split than kiteboarding.
Any woman who leaves a man because he kiteboards all the time is nuts, if there is another person involved, thats different.

The Captain
Frequent Poster

Postby The Captain » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Always sad when something doesn't work out, but if everyone is happier, then why cling to the past, or maybe it's the expectations of society, just move onto the next phase.

If you are smiling, it can't be wrong, might be sad, but can't be wrong.

Starting something like kiting can certainly change the dynamic of a relationship. Her ultimatum, 'kiting or me', is probably matched by your 'I need a change in my life, or I'm going to be unhappy'.

At the end of the day, two people need to lay out their expectations for the future, if they don't jive, and a compromise that doesn't feeel like selling your soul can't be reached, time for something different.

Happy kiting, and hopefully happy life too. Nobody deserves to be alone (for too long)!

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 am

She did not respect the person that you really are...and that you wanted to become.
I met my wife a week before I went to the gorge for the very 1st time...with a 12' windsurfer with wood booms. She encouraged my to try it and seemed to really get off on my excitement and anticipation. (the year was 1985, and kiting did not exist yet)
I thought I had my shit together on the river and then BAM!
Conditions went from a smooth 10-15 to a solid 45kts!
I was thrown head 1st though my sail and tumbled up the river in a tangle with those broken booms. I thought I was a dead man, and it took a herculean effort to get out of that mess.
I knew then and there...this is the sport for me, nothing can be better than this!

Then one day 2 hawaiians showed up at the hatchery with kites.
Elliot Leboe and Lou Wainman.
I was blown away...they both were jumping higher and longer than anything I'd ever seen before!
Windsurfing died for me that day and I've been kiting ever since.
My wife has been there to support me and my love for the progression of these sports.
Its made it the sweetest experience and I feel like a very lucky guy.

You made a very smart move IMO and you will find that special one who shares your love.

Aloha

Ned Divine
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ned Divine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 am

...I adore kitesurfing and my wife really loves photography. I am a lucky man, I have thousands of kitesurfing photos. She dislikes all water sports, she is a bit phobic probably following a near-drowning in her early childhood. She knows how important kitesurfing is for me and generally supports me doing it.
...but she does break my balls at least twice a week for different reasons arising from deep differences in our perception of life. I obviously do the same, at the same time, to her - symbolic and imaginary - female balls. I have found that minimising verbal exchange and leaving for a few hours works wonders (extra kitesurfing time for me, that's for sure!). If it ever stops working, I will certainly divorce, even though it will be extremely difficult emotionally (we have been a couple since the age of 11 :lol: )

buzzz
Medium Poster

Postby buzzz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 pm

it's because Balls are much more easy to break than Pussies are ... they take a f.....n pounding ! :naughty:

Return to “Kitesurfing”