All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Self land in water
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm 
Rare Poster

your method is correct, only i secure the kite on the beach first, then walk out to my control bar ... much easier to wrap up lines with two hands and less chance of an accident if your kite slips from your grip. unless your conditions are such that the lines/bar may snag on the bottom, 9.7 times out of 10 your lines will not tangle as they float if you quickly go back to your bar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:41 pm 
Frequent Poster

i agree with exuma

celly your description of your procedure is amazing, but i dont think anyone cares if you kneel on one knee or 2, start with your left foot when you walk, hold the kite with your elbow, hand, dick, or whatever. (well maybe someone does, this forum is full of posts like that). you do however describe the same thing we are talking about, which is cool: to land your own kite you disable it onto the leash line (in your case a single center line, with is the best leash system imo), then go up that line until you have your hands on the kite. "self rescue bar wrap" while you approach the kite is certainly optional if it is not difficult to hold the single line as you proceed to the kite, and there is no other reason to wrap the lines (like you have a long swim in which you wouldnt want lines tangle around yourself, other things in the water, other kiters, or boats that come by to pick you up.)

anyway, im out. good luck with the flying anchors for those that like to complicate things. everything works great until it doesnt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm 
Medium Poster

celly wrote:
At the end of my session I come in so im about 50m away from my property. I signal for assistance and a family member comes out into the knee deep water and I instruct them to watch the kite...

Why don't you get your butler to do it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm 
Medium Poster

Hostile hostile people. guess i should have clarified, its my grandparents property. Im a broke student, feel better now? :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:38 pm 
Frequent Poster

nice save, keep shredding

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3