*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 784
Have 2 1/2 hours logged on the LTD.

Awesome low end. On Par with the Dyno 18. Amazing JUICE on the upstroke! Which I need weighing 245 Pies.

Tried 2 diff settings on Bar pressure. Def keep it on soft next Sesh.

I noticed when a Puff of wind hits the Kite, it Translates Immediate power and speed to the Board. Great Acceleration!

1st Sesh was on 6 ft 5 Amundson Custom Surf 23 in Wide. Good bar pressure. Great feel.

2 nd Sesh on Flydoor XL. Felt Bar pressure more. Not as great as acceleration.

Build Quality is Great!!

Extremely stable launching, overhead and Landing.

Size looks closer to an 18 M.

Drifts very good when riding waves.

UPWIND is as good as any Inflatable I have ridden.

More later as I get some hours logged. Not much to report on Jumping yet.

14


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: DYNO LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
... finally, some one with some info!

Did you use 4 or 5 line bar?

Is it better (quicker or easier) steering than the 2011 18m? The old 18m is fairly slow but its static power is the best I've come across, I was wondering if the LTD is better in that department.

Have you ridden the 2012 Dyno, can you compare it to the LTD? Is the LTD faster/easier steering and does it have similar or more power?

How did you like the upwind, 2011 was great on both TT and directional, is the LTD same/similar/better?

Thanks for your time and opinions,

Robbie :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29942
Location: World (KF Admin)
Jump it please!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2689
One question

Did you test it with "L"..o..."T"....s ...of..."D"....rift :?: :wink: :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: DYNO LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 784
Puetz wrote:
... finally, some one with some info!

Did you use 4 or 5 line bar?

Is it better (quicker or easier) steering than the 2011 18m? The old 18m is fairly slow but its static power is the best I've come across, I was wondering if the LTD is better in that department.

Have you ridden the 2012 Dyno, can you compare it to the LTD? Is the LTD faster/easier steering and does it have similar or more power?

How did you like the upwind, 2011 was great on both TT and directional, is the LTD same/similar/better?

Thanks for your time and opinions,

Robbie :)


Used 5 line bar. Steering with one hand feels same as Dyno 18. Riding Toeside it is just like the 18 in that you have to pay attention as it wants to slowly work it's way down towards the water. Have to keep am eye on it not to touch Wingtip just like the 18.

Have not ridden the 2012 17M.

It feels as if the Static Power is the same as the 18. Will test that again.

It drifts GREAT when you are on a Wave.

The upwind is equal to the 18 as best as I can tell.

One thing I know for sure is that on the UPSTROKE it has More juice than the 18 does. It also seems to Accelerate the board faster when a gust hits than he 18M.

One thing I love is when making a turn it keeps pulling my 245 pies at just the wright Speed. It coming off a plane. Other kites I have flown did not.

I hook it to a pole when launching and landing and I can tell you it's very stable all the way down to touchdown when landing.

The leading edge is smaller than the 18.

Hope for more testing this weekend. Will also try and ride the 18 back to back.

14


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29942
Location: World (KF Admin)
ok, pls test jumping!

Since it will accelerate...can you check if it has the same depower like the 18?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:30 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
... thanks 14!

Can you elaborate a little on the steering? If the steering is roughly the same, ie same amount of bar pressure but is the kite faster turning compared to the 18?

Also, not sure if the kite has the steering adjustment or 'adaptive steering' option, if so did you adjust for faster/slower steering, what happened, much change in performance? For me, I preferred the slower setting on the 18, but the faster on the 17m.

Thanks again,

Robbie :)

edit: just re-read your post and realized you did mention steering 'adaptive steering'. I think I need glasses (or shouldn't read while drunk :wink: )


Last edited by Puetz on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 784
Ok Toby. I will ck Jumping and Depower when i do a back to back w 18.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 784
Puetz wrote:
... thanks 14!

Can you elaborate a little on the steering? If the steering is roughly the same, ie same amount of bar pressure but is the kite faster turning compared to the 18?

Also, not sure if the kite has the steering adjustment or 'adaptive steering' option, if so did you adjust for faster/slower steering, what happened, much change in performance? For me, I preferred the slower setting on the 18, but the faster on the 17m.

Thanks again,

Robbie :)


The 17 LTD turns easier and smoother to me. The shape of the 17 on the wingtips is more swept back than the 18. So, when you pull on the bar to turn it FEELS quicker. The 17 is faster through the window.

The bar pressure on the 17 Set on Soft may be a touch more than the 18. I flew the 17 on Med bar pressure and the Bar pressure was way 2 much. Like the Fat Lady.

I will put the 17 LTD through more paces.

14


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Dyno LTD 17M 2012-2013. What would you like to know?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
14ToeSide wrote:
Puetz wrote:
... thanks 14!

Can you elaborate a little on the steering? If the steering is roughly the same, ie same amount of bar pressure but is the kite faster turning compared to the 18?

Also, not sure if the kite has the steering adjustment or 'adaptive steering' option, if so did you adjust for faster/slower steering, what happened, much change in performance? For me, I preferred the slower setting on the 18, but the faster on the 17m.

Thanks again,

Robbie :)


The 17 LTD turns easier and smoother to me. The shape of the 17 on the wingtips is more swept back than the 18. So, when you pull on the bar to turn it FEELS quicker. The 17 is faster through the window.

The bar pressure on the 17 Set on Soft may be a touch more than the 18. I flew the 17 on Med bar pressure and the Bar pressure was way 2 much. Like the Fat Lady.

I will put the 17 LTD through more paces.

14



... thanks again 14, I look forward to some more info! :D


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mko and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group