Forum for kitesurfers
Ndigo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ozone c4 15m or Zephyr 17m

Postby Ndigo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello all. I'm just trying to get some opinions on this. The wind isn't all that great where I reside unfortunately. generally 8-14knots of a average day. So a light wind kite looks to be the most attractive option. I'm 6'4/ 85kg btw.

In looking at the wind range chart on the ozone site they say that the c415m has more power than the zephyr despite the zephyr being the larger of the two. Can anyone weigh in on this? Which would you chose? Thanks in advance.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ozone c4 15m or Zephyr 17m

Postby stefaans » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am

It's definately wrong or just read the wrong way. You should definaltey get the Z it will be the best kite for your conditions. The Z was designed for you wind conditions.

I wonder if they mean to go in 7 to 10knts with the Z you just need to be an Advanced rider and to go in 7 to 10 knots with the C4 15m you need to be an expert!
Anyway, I am 100% sure the Z has much more low end than the C4 I ride all their kite. I sell Ozone and have tested them all(never the 15m c 4) but you can take my advice on this

adrood
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Evros Greece
Style: Freeride Wave
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m kite and Core Riot XR 8m , Ocean rodeo rise 10m
F-one Fifty Pro, Ocean rodeo mako wide 40 , north freestyle fish

Postby adrood » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 am

if you count the 2sqm more the Z have and the style of the kite you will have your answer. There is no chance any C will beat the low end of the zephyr plus your conditions limits more the kites you can choose

Omid
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Monte Gordo, Costa Esmeralda, Veracruz, Mexico
Favorite Beaches: Monte Gordo, Costa Esmeralda, Veracruz, Mexico.
Tulum, Mexico.
Style: wave and big air
Gear: Liquid Force, Royal, Ocean Rodeo, Ozone and Nobile
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, Royal, Ocean Rodeo, Ozone and Nobile

Postby Omid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 am

Zephyr hands down. I have both. Enjoy. With 14 knots you´ll be laughing. With 8, you´ll need a big board and refined technique. Enjoy

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am

Omid wrote:Zephyr hands down. I have both. Enjoy. With 14 knots you´ll be laughing. With 8, you´ll need a big board and refined technique. Enjoy
You have both !?!? I am very interested in some input on the C4 15m !! How does it work in that size? How is the lowend compared to the 13m etc.?
I have tried C4 in 13m and briefly in 7 and 11m. Excellent kite and on my purchase list in close competition with Airush Vapor. I am trying to decide.

I am 92 kg and thus consider the 15m C4 but haven't tried it. Is it much slower than the 13m? I ride UH i.e. uh kiteloops, R2B, B2B etc.
I will highly appreciate some input on the 15m size !! :bye:

Omid
Rare Poster
Tulum, Mexico.

Postby Omid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Buy it. Its not much slower than the 13m. Great for your size and for unhooking. You will love it. I have a C4 12m too. If you want pure pulling power and have light wind where you are, go for the Zephyr, its by far the best lightwind kite I have flown. 2010 Ozone rocks. Cant wait til the 2011 season starts in October. I own a hotel, school, shop and store in Mexico...so have the privilege of playing with kites from Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Royal, Nobile and Liquid Force. Visit http://www.tabogakite.com

Omid
Rare Poster
Tulum, Mexico.

Postby Omid » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Buy it. Its not much slower than the 13m. Great for your size and for unhooking. You will love it. I have a C4 12m too. If you want pure pulling power and have light wind where you are, go for the Zephyr, its by far the best lightwind kite I have flown. 2010 Ozone rocks. Cant wait til the 2011 season starts in October. I own a hotel, school, shop and store in Mexico...so have the privilege of playing with kites from Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Royal, Nobile and Liquid Force. Visit http://www.tabogakite.com

luzszymon
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, Canet, Wiek
Style: fr/fs
Gear: Once Ozone, always Ozone

Postby luzszymon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Guys, sorry for digging out that thread. It's been 2 years and these kites did change a lot. I am currently using a 8m and a 10m C4. I am looking for kite to use under 13k for unhooking (I weight 140pounds (63kg) so over that I am already on my 10m with a 131x40 board)

I need a kite to ride under 12k (the place I will move to has often wind of 9k-12k) My main focus is to progress my unhooking (beginner in this area but moving forward fast).

Thus I am considering 13m C4 2012 vs 17m Zephyr 2012. Will I be able to practise uh in a 10k wind with a 13m C4? Will it give me any gain compared to 10m or should I go for a 17m Z?

I would be really gratefull for help, espacially from people my weight ;)

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Kitesurfing”