Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Foil/Wave/Freeride
Gear: Duotone 13m Juice 2020
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
Duotone Pace 4'10 Foilboard with Carve 950 + GT 90cm mast
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Static Shocks

Postby Puetz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am

jakemoore wrote:About 15 years ago I took care of a person who was struck by lightning in the burn ICU. He was golfing in the vicinity of a thunderstorm, swinging his lightning rod in the air. We had one inconsiderate intern who kept whispering "Oh Rat Farts!" when ever we rounded on the the poor guy.

The electricity travels through the body, producing very deep burns of muscle and other soft tissue, sparing much of the skin. Unfortunately this injury required multiple disfiguring skin grafts and left permanent disabling atrophy of the muscle in both arms and one leg. In addition he was not quite right in the head after that.

Jake
... yep, so if you get static shocks, its time to head in!!

MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maiden Cay , Jamaica
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)
Style: Freeride learning Freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha 10 Switchblade ... 2012 Cabrinha Chopstick
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Static Shocks

Postby MattyRossJa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Puetz wrote:
jakemoore wrote:About 15 years ago I took care of a person who was struck by lightning in the burn ICU. He was golfing in the vicinity of a thunderstorm, swinging his lightning rod in the air. We had one inconsiderate intern who kept whispering "Oh Rat Farts!" when ever we rounded on the the poor guy.

The electricity travels through the body, producing very deep burns of muscle and other soft tissue, sparing much of the skin. Unfortunately this injury required multiple disfiguring skin grafts and left permanent disabling atrophy of the muscle in both arms and one leg. In addition he was not quite right in the head after that.

Jake
... yep, so if you get static shocks, its time to head in!!
yeah man i packed it up soon after ... i could see the storm line heading our way and the lightening was behind that line , but i didn't wanna f*** around for much longer

Return to “Kitesurfing”