All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kitesurfing Course Race Training
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
Rare Poster

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kitesurfing Course Race Training
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Nice video, but what happens if you break a line when you are downwin of the boat? :wink:

I need to try jibing like that with both feet in the front footstraps. I go toeside and then switch right now and its really slow. looks like you keep a lot of your speed through the jibe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:26 pm 
Rare Poster

yeah, I like to find that new front footstrap early. I feel a lot more confident and can get my body levered out, pushing on the fins early. I'm particular about when to start the foot-work though-look at the waves for nice patch of water before initiating the two-step!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Good video. I took my board (2011 Cabrinha 183) out yesterday for the second time. Still a bit rough starting on my switch side and I think I'm going to have to do some toe pointing stretches to keep it flat while in the correct stance.

Would you take your raceboard out for recreational riding on a day that's windy enough for a twin tip?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

William Munney wrote:
Would you take your raceboard out for recreational riding on a day that's windy enough for a twin tip?

If you are into racing then a recreational day will be a training day :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

William Munney wrote:
Good video. I took my board (2011 Cabrinha 183) out yesterday for the second time. Still a bit rough starting on my switch side and I think I'm going to have to do some toe pointing stretches to keep it flat while in the correct stance.

I've been riding that same board for about a year now. It depends on how choppy your location is. Here, it gets too choppy when the wind is over 16 or 17 knots. With that amount of wind we have 2 foot chop really closely spaced, so you can't really keep the board up to speed. I've tried the board up to the low 20's, but it's just no fun in the heavy chop.

I do choose the raceboard over the twintip though when it's blowing 15 knots :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm 
Medium Poster

Location: Hayle, UK. Sponsored by North, Oneill, FastaFoil, www.pastyadventures.co.uk
Hi guys
check out my technique blog here. 1st 2 on kiteracing with a couple of vids
http://www.leepasty.co.uk/technique-blog.html
cheers
lee

[ 7 posts ]