Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Describe a new trick or a variation that you have invented

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Describe a new trick or a variation that you have invent

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am

i will never know for sure if i invented them (well invented if a tall order - mostly from other board sports..) but i never seen anyone else try before I landed them. They probably did though...

360 push shuvit on surfboard
Nosetrip front roll to backside power slide
Surfboard kickflip
One foot strapless surfboard airs
Surfboard push tack

This is cool thread, any kind of progression ideas can lead to awesome stuff, even if tricks seen as a bit lame to start with... it just inspires other to another step which is cool. So many transitions tricks haven't been landed yet.. Imagine powered transition mobe variations. People used to ask how it was possible to stay in control strapless so many years ago, how times have changed for the better. I remember having the idea for darkslide blind judge 3 on this forum and seeing Jesse Richman stomp one not long after, not sure if inspired from my ideas but awesome all the same.

More ideas please... u gotta think outside the box to innovate sometimes

Ned Divine
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ned Divine » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:i will never know for sure if i invented them (well invented if a tall order - mostly from other board sports..) but i never seen anyone else try before I landed them. They probably did though...

360 push shuvit on surfboard
Nosetrip front roll to backside power slide
Surfboard kickflip
One foot strapless surfboard airs
Surfboard push tack

This is cool thread, any kind of progression ideas can lead to awesome stuff, even if tricks seen as a bit lame to start with... it just inspires other to another step which is cool. So many transitions tricks haven't been landed yet.. Imagine powered transition mobe variations. People used to ask how it was possible to stay in control strapless so many years ago, how times have changed for the better. I remember having the idea for darkslide blind judge 3 on this forum and seeing Jesse Richman stomp one not long after, not sure if inspired from my ideas but awesome all the same.

More ideas please... u gotta think outside the box to innovate sometimes
"Nosetrip front roll to backside power slide" ... sounds awesome, can you describe please? :?: :!:

Miltsface
Frequent Poster

Postby Miltsface » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:57 pm

front 180 loop slam face slide.

perfected that while learning front rolls :thumb:

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Postby flybykite » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
flybykite wrote:I started doing toe side backroll transition with a hand drag. I'm sure its not the first time anyone has ever done it but I still cant find video or have never seen anyone else do it and it feels hella smooth.
Heres a shot of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDuvBPEV ... ture=share
skip ahead to 1:21
Well done :thumb:

I am myself a toeside addict when i comes to "transitions" on my strapped surfboard directional

I liked them all with downloops

Similar to what you do but in mid-air downloop kite by pulling bar in with forward hand

Toeside backs (air tacks w/downloop) land heelside

Toeside forwards (540 w/downloop) land heelside

Toeside jump into tabletop w/ downloop land heelside

Reason i like it is because i land with lots of speed and power

Of course all those 3 above transitions i also do from heeside and land them toeside

They are my 6 bread and butter moves

I like to time them just right and land them on wave faces as much as i possibly can :D

................................ :surf: :sun: ......sorry no video..........................................................................
I'd love to see these. Dont forget your camera next time youre at the beach. However I'm gonna try em with the downloop. I've just been a bit scared to pull the downloops so far with my knee issues. kiteloops with the back hand are no problem though. I'm sure its a similar feeling

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 am

some idea, when we ride getting someone to film is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 pm

STAYING UP WIND.. :D :thumb:

Ned Divine
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ned Divine » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Dimitri M wrote:STAYING UP WIND.. :D :thumb:
Shows your kitesurfing age! :lol:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

"all off"

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:23 am

I got one....have not seen it done in my little Atlantic pond on strapped surfboard...yet

Toeside right foot back head out towards a nice 4ft wave SSE (side side on) 15-20mph on 12M

Take off toeside and send board into (seemingly backward) tweaked tabletop at the apex of jump

Before untweaking send the kite back into kiteloop ...feel the boost..and land toeside planing

I doubt i invented that.........so i will not take credit for it at all.....but it is Supafun to do!

You can do also the whole move without the kiteloop...it feels real sweet..and looks pretty stylish

Take off toeside...land toeside.......just add something in between

Ok that's enough about what i think i have done........................"next please".....

P.S. NED Yes i do stay upwind Supaez too (as a trick)............. for my kitesurfing age :lol:

..................................... :surf: :sun: ........................................................................

Ned Divine
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ned Divine » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 am

SupaEZ wrote:
P.S. NED Yes i do stay upwind Supaez too (as a trick)............. for my kitesurfing age :lol:

..................................... :surf: :sun: ........................................................................

Hehe!! I meant that Dimitri suggesting that he invented upwind, that shows he has been around since the very beggining of the sport. You as well Supa? :cool2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”