Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Not just another kitesurfing questionnaire!

Forum for kitesurfers
robbye91
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Boscombe, Poole Harbour, Sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Booby Bay, Rock, Daymar
Style: Begginer!
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Not just another kitesurfing questionnaire!

Postby robbye91 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I am sure many people have come on here asking for advice and feedback about kitesuring and there can be some confusion about what the information will be used for. So a bit about me and why I want to get some feedback from you. I am an Industrial Design student in London, lived in Bournemouth most of my life and have been windsurfing for the last 3 years (sorry!). I have just move over to Holland to study Sports Innovation for a year and our first project is to redesign a harness, and this in conjunction with one of the biggest kitesurfing companies. I cant say who, but they are big! I have literally tried kitesuring for the first time today, so can see how it is for myself. And it's awesome! But I could really do with some feedback from people like yourself who have been doing this a long time.

The team I am working with have set up a questionnaire, but what would be even more useful is to stick any suggestions and general feedback on your harness below. What's awesome is that the info you give will help me design a harness that could actually be put to market in the future!

If you have any questions or want to give me some info directly, get in touch at hello@robertbye.com or check out my portfolio website www.robertbye.com or even my twitter @robbye91 to make sure I am a student and not a corporate spy!

The link for the questionnaire is - goo.gl/GpPnS

Sorry for the dodgy English, the girl who wrote the questionnaire is Dutch!

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish
Been thanked: 0

Re: Not just another kitesurfing questionnaire!

Postby Nico » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 am

Hi Robbye,
if you don't name the team " in conjunction with one of the biggest kitesurfing companies" it is pretty pointless to give your credentials about impartiality.
I will galdly give honest feedback and time, if transparency is evident.
Nico

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Not just another kitesurfing questionnaire!

Postby dyyylan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm

I did the survey but none of it was what I'm really interested in. I'd like a harness that:

- Is simple - no safety nonsense
- Has a front leash attachment point
- Stays down
- Is easy to get in and out of, surely there is a better way than having to tighten multiple straps every time

But really, it's just a harness. Not the end of the world

Return to “Kitesurfing”