2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-one Bandit safety line / flag out fail

Postby WildDuke » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks for your replies. The kite is a 12m and it wasn't light wind conditions. We had 16-18kts, so properly powered for the 12m. Thanks for the link to a previous thread about the same topic. I will check with my friend to see it the bar is the correct bar for the size kite. I didn't know that bandit bars are made specifically for the size kite. No JMF it was not connected in suicide mode. However even then it should still flag on the mini 5th line as I had released the chicken loop release.

I thought it had to do with the front line settings as the front pulleys did to seem to pivot the way other bridle systems do. However you can't change the front bridle positions. Interesting! It's my first experience with a "modern" kite no flagging immediately. My old Rrd Obsession used to retain a little power (10%) they say, but not like what the bandit did yesterday. Scary!

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:25 pm

WildDuke wrote: I will check with my friend to see it the bar is the correct bar for the size kite. I didn't know that bandit bars are made specifically for the size kite. !
The Bandit 4 had different lenght of the safety line for each model. That was the only difference. The B5 and the B6 don't have this anymore. Just try to move the yellow stopper ball further up as advised in the thread I posted.

tohotom
Rare Poster
Gear: F-one Bandit

Postby tohotom » Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 am

Hi,

I also had the same experience, the kite was pulling me dead downwind LE face down.
I have Bandit 3 and also used later Bandit models, e.g. 6. The system is the same.
As opposed to many other brands, when you activate the quick release you will have both front lines connected and tensioned, not only one!
You can check it easily by looking at how they are connected. If you look at other brands, you will see, that under normal riding conditions both front lines are under tension, but when activating the quick release not only the back lines but also one of the front lines is allowed to slide up.

I actually plan to change the way my front lines are connected, by copying the system from other brand.

Return to “Kitesurfing”