Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

New kitebeach in Baleia, Ceara, Brazil.

Postby kruzlifix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:42 am

Dear fellow kitesurfers

Last monday suddenly a bulldozer appeared out of the nothing in our sleepy little fishing village.
fly19.JPG
Ugly beach, not well suited for launching kites. Protection against high tides: optimal.

On the spur of the moment our dear neighbour grabed the opportunity to flatten the grass-covered dunes on the beach in front of the house, as he says, "like shoveling snow".

Now we have a clean and proper beach which is ideal and totally safe for launching kites even for the most untalented kitesurfers :thumb: .
Dunas agora.JPG
Newly created proper kitebeach, same standards as most other places on our planet. Protection against high tides: none.
If you are close by our village, I cordially invite you to stay with us let me know what you think. :argue:

Greetings from Switzerland
Andreas

JMF
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: New kitebeach in Baleia, Ceara, Brazil.

Postby JMF » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:30 am

Looks like a nice sport. Are you sure there's wind? I see a foil in the background.

kruzlifix
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Baleia, Ceara, Brazil
Style: wave and HF
Gear: AHC, Firewire, Levitaz, Moses, Cabrinha, Flysurfer

Re: New kitebeach in Baleia, Ceara, Brazil.

Postby kruzlifix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:41 am

JMF wrote:Looks like a nice sport. Are you sure there's wind? I see a foil in the background.
Well, that photo was taken during the non-windy season at 6 am.

Believe me, during windy season (June till January) and this year especially, it is blowing like crazy.
This Year sofar I have not been using anything bigger than 9 m and I am 100 kg.

That is one reason why one has to protect any plant covered natural dunes and cannot just shovel them away like snow. :angryfire:

Return to “Kitesurfing”