Forum for kitesurfers
tvkungen
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurfing School Mallorca

Postby tvkungen » Thu May 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi all,

I am going to Mallorca in July and am looking for a school, preferrably in Palma where I will be staying. Essentially what I want to do is take some lessons and perhaps rent some equipment for a couple of days.

Found this beach which is supposed to have a school:

http://www.kitebeaches.com/kitebeaches/ ... hp?id=1256

Obviously I have been searching the web like crazy but I havent been able to find contact info to one. Does anybody know if there are any an do you have a link/email/phone numbers? I did find one but the site was in german so it didnt help me much.

Thanks in advance.

Danijoor
Rare Poster

Postby Danijoor » Thu May 25, 2006 8:47 pm

Try http://www.bellinifunboats.com/ Send them an e-mail. They have contact with school.

balear
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Brasil, Mauritius,Fuerteventura,Tarifa,Majorca,Morocco
Style: Strapless surf-kite, freestyle
Gear: Naish Slash & Park HD, Monarch TT,Surf GUN 5'9
North Surf Pro CSC 5'5 ; North Pro Surf 5'8
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby balear » Fri May 26, 2006 11:45 am

Forget to go to Palma in July to learn Kite, too many people on the beach.
You have the risk to pay a penalty of 3.000eur, it's up to you....

Go to the north (Pollensa it's the place).

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster
Gear: flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfing School Mallorca

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:04 am

Palma, in fact Can Pastilla or Playa de Palma beach, is not the best option to kitesurfing from a safety point of view.
Thermal winds start around noon and last until 17h, between 8 and 12 kts. The beach is very crowded and the only possible way in/out is through the water channel in Can Pastilla, next to the Yacht Club.

THIS is Can Pastilla beach

Nobody should cross the line of yellow buoys which are placed are 200 mts from the beach neither try kitesurfing inside the channel. The channel it is designed just to go out or come in. The ignorance of that rules will suppose a denounce to the police authorities which will represent 3000 euros ticket, regardless your nationality or place of residence.

THIS is Playa de Palma beach

PLEASE READ IN THE NEXT LINK: https://mallorcakiteschool.com/en/kites ... -de-palma/

WHERE YOU SHOULD GO KITESURFING
Up North, in Pollensa bay there's an area authorized for the practice and/or learning of kitesurfing. There is where most of local kiters go, it is next to a road and you should be especially careful about it and also about of not getting your lines tangled with other kiter lines.

In fact, kitesurf in Mallorca has two periods, summer and the rest of the year. In summer there are thermal winds, both in Pollensa or Alcudia bays, mostly onshore and between 8 -16 kts generally, and in the South part of the island in Bahia de Palma also, both onshore direction, but when in the North is stronger, on the South, wind be a little lighter.

The rest of the year, things become a lot more unpredictable sometimes no wind at all, sometimes dangerous storms, sometimes good 16-25 kts, actually, most of time there are acceptable wind conditions depending of the kite and board sizes you are using.

In winter you can expect 7 to 16 Celsius. If you decide to come in summer, and depending of your weight, bring 12- 21 mts kites.

In the bay of Pollensa we enjoy the best kitesurfing. Learning kitesurfing in Mallorca can be achieved thanks to ASOCIACION APRENDE A NAVEGAR our non profit kite club. The kite courses are open to everyone, whatever age or nationality, you just need to join our club and become yourself a part of our kitesurfing community.

For a membership fee, 100 euros per one year subscription, we offer the possibility to be assisted and adviced. We offer different courses for each level, whether you are an absolute beginner or you are in need to improve your kitesurfing skills.
Come to Mallorca, enjoy our beautiful island and the good kitesurf conditions of North Mallorca, visite the Bay of Pollensa and kitesurf with us!!
Contact us and we'll be glad to help or assist you.

www.kitesurfingmallorca.com
www.mallorcakiteschool.com
www.kitesurfwindsurfmallorca.com
www.asociacionaprendeanavegar.es
www.kitesurfinglessonsvietnam.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”