Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

To undo a knot or not?

Forum for kitesurfers
SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: To undo a knot or not?

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

I had one on a center line that I worked on for about 20 minutes last night. Chewed on it and worked on it gently with a needle to open it up a bit and it finally came out. Didn't think it would, but keep working it and they all come out eventually.

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

This post is about a cure, and yes i'd endorse the "tap with a hammer" method. Prevention is good too, I was once told that most knots tend to be towards the line ends, as when rigging the lines bunch together and the ends can spin round on themselves and make a loose knot that will then tighten. Since then I have carefully paid attention to this and have managed to nip a few potential knots in the bud.

Clarencephil
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride

Postby Clarencephil » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:04 pm

pj sofine wrote:I always had the most sucess chewing on knot . But then again I had 20 years of my mothers cooking! Sorry mom :remybussi:
So they should come out with flavored lines. I'll take cherry centerlines please !

Return to “Kitesurfing”